cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody tried these solder and seal connectors?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks interesting. Iโ€™ve done this before but not out of a kit.

Clicky link
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.
15 REPLIES 15

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A good termination eliminates liquid, air, high resistance, and STRAIN RELIEF, notice the multiple characteristics.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Teamfour wrote:
If you don't need waterproof connectors these work real well. If a permanent waterproof connection is needed I drip a little liquid tape in the ends.

Link

Yes Posilocks are great. I met and talked to the owner/inventor of the company. Very nice guy. He said the hardest part of getting the business off the ground is people don't know what it is, since it's a new idea. He went on to say that if you want to succeed fast, improve an existing product instead.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone? That's potent overall coverage advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just the simple crimp and shrink connectors are more than anyone needs for a RV. That's what I use on my Boat.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
When they add BISMUTH to Pb and Sn melt temperature drops by a hundred degrees. That's the magic formula.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, they look interesting, but I can not find refills for specific sizes.

I think I would buy their crimp with shrink tube set instead. Large selection of various type of terminals.

Or of you just want butt splices.

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need waterproof connectors these work real well. If a permanent waterproof connection is needed I drip a little liquid tape in the ends.

Link
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

JOHNZ
Explorer
Explorer
When you soldier stranded wire the solder wicks up the strands and males them stiff and brittle. Then under vibrating condititions they have a greater tendency to break.
JOHN & MARI
2014 COACHMAN FREEDOM EXPRESS 19SQX
2013 SUBURBAN 1500

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Cold soldered butt joint? How much force required to break the joint, more or less than a double crimped butt joint?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have not tried them MYSELF but... There is an internet TV show. Ham Nation. and a second one the url is amateurlogic.TV both feature one of the same "Stars" George Thomas. He does the "Smoke and solder" section on Ham Nation.

I Think it was on Ham Nation he reviewed those connectors. They worked. But he questioned how strong the joint was physically.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
been used in the military specifications for years. However, not all are made to the same US spec.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
I keep seeing the ads and makes me scratch my head ... Navy Avionics A school would fail those as cold solder joints ... or am I missing something?
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I use standard crimps that I fill with a de-oxidation compound to seal out water.
In some locations I use heat shrink with a sealant inside. When heat is applied to the tubing the sealant forms a water proof seal.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

azrving
Explorer
Explorer