cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Notice Stiff Tariff Increases On Goods?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Not interested in nationalism, politics or other theater...

Solar panels or anything else? How about stuff from Taiwan. I don't see why their stuff would jump but then who knows...
39 REPLIES 39

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
My medical last year was for medicine $20.00 I cannot recall exactly.

Mexico and Canada were not building islands offshore for nuclear bombers.

Solar panels and lighting.Robotically built. Methinks China would **** a brick.

Canada has enough falling water to light up the north American continent. The ultimate in green technology. Let the USA pay for the high voltage UHV DC transmission system. It would fund an immense amount of Canada's budget

I read a report that stated Afghanistan has more rare earth minerals than the rest of the earth combined times ten. Somebody is whistling high octane fertilizer it appears.

We'll have to see what 2020 brings. My friends and myself are disgusted with mass migrations due to larry-curly-moe grade management in Central America.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mex,

The trade agreements have been signed by Canada and Mexico. USA wants to re open the deal, and so is dragging its feet.

As to dairy, the supply management system, (read higher prices to consumers) is alive and well in Canada. One liter of milk is $1.63 usd. (2.20 CDN). That same liter of milk in Orlando Florida is $0.92 usd.

Supply management is a "quota" which the farmer must purchase. It is used by the Maple syrup industry and has caused large price increases for both domestic and export.

On the other hand, my medical expenses for the last year (dental) were $192.00
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I kept looking and found the CA/KY vendor on eBay who still offers CREE lamps for $10.74 / pair.

CREE and 18 watts which at 12.00 volts only draw .92 amps and render probably the brightest light per watt I have ever seen.

If you want to know it is genuine CREE look at the ad and see if it says 10-30 volts. If yes it's a CREE.

I try to ignore politics and treat it like mosquitoes on a horsepack trip. They feed the fish.

Here's fake news meant to sell papers. The rare earth squeeze. (The USA has enough stockpiled for many many years). But they could threaten us with no more Panda bear loans for our zoos. ๐Ÿ˜ž wotta hoot. No more rare earth inside 99.9% of finished products imported from China.

I smiled when I read Canada and USA have patched things up. Less expensive dairy products for Canada. in exchange for excellent maple syrup and codfish for my fish & chips ๐Ÿ™‚

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
anything ANYTHING but become competitive and pioneer ROBOTICS for 100% cell phone construction here in the USA?

Like assembly of my interests light emitting diode lighting. 100% robotics. Keep the money domestic and eliminate shortages and price drama. Pollution would be the only concern. If our domestic industry is capable of 100% hands off construction of massive central processors for computers, wouldn't or couldn't it encompass LEDs as well. We sure do not employ anyone now in this industry. It costs a lot of money to hand build lamps then ship them halfway around the world.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
Meanwhile...

Canada has detained Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou. She was arrested in Vancouver at the request of US authorities who want her extradited to the US. to stand trial on charges including fraud linked to the alleged violation of sanctions on Iran. The case for extradition is still before the court in Canada. Her father has stated that he expects she will end up in prison.

Meanwhile...

Shortly after Wanzhou's arrest, China arrested 13 Canadians. 8 have been released so far and of the 5 remaining, 2 have been accused of spying, one of which is a former Canadian diplomat. Also, 11 people have been arrested for an alleged international drug operation. One is a Canadian and he has been sentenced to death.

China has also now banned our canola over alleged pest contamination and pork products over alleged mis-labeling.

Clearly retaliation and China is p*ssed. It all started with the US request to arrest Wanzhou and we're caught up in the mess. We live in pretty effed up times and who knows where this will all end up. IMO, the US is headed for some difficult financial times if things don't change and it will have spin off effects on many other western countries. Imposing tarriffs and duties is not the answer.

Anyone here in need of a little canola oil?
Couldn't Canada just grow a pair and tell the US "no'? If tariffs and duties are wrong, what is the magic bullet that suddenly makes all trade fair?

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Meanwhile...

Canada has detained Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou. She was arrested in Vancouver at the request of US authorities who want her extradited to the US. to stand trial on charges including fraud linked to the alleged violation of sanctions on Iran. The case for extradition is still before the court in Canada. Her father has stated that he expects she will end up in prison.

Meanwhile...

Shortly after Wanzhou's arrest, China arrested 13 Canadians. 8 have been released so far and of the 5 remaining, 2 have been accused of spying, one of which is a former Canadian diplomat. Also, 11 people have been arrested for an alleged international drug operation. One is a Canadian and he has been sentenced to death.

China has also now banned our canola over alleged pest contamination and pork products over alleged mis-labeling.

Clearly retaliation and China is p*ssed. It all started with the US request to arrest Wanzhou and we're caught up in the mess. We live in pretty effed up times and who knows where this will all end up. IMO, the US is headed for some difficult financial times if things don't change and it will have spin off effects on many other western countries. Imposing tarriffs and duties is not the answer.

Anyone here in need of a little canola oil?

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Not interested in nationalism, politics or other theater...

Solar panels or anything else? How about stuff from Taiwan. I don't see why their stuff would jump but then who knows...

Solar panels in Canadian Tire are about twice as expensive now then before tarifs,havent really looked any other places as I dont need any.
Most important,Meat is still very cheap here.
Vegies fruits are same,even stuff imported from S.America,but then I shop at farmers market that undersels big stores by far.

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
No rise in prices that Ive seen, just the usual prices going up like every day.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
S Davis wrote:
It is being predicted that the cost will be over $800.00 per year per household for the current tariffs, I wonder what that is going to do to all the people that already work multiple jobs and still barely make it. More foreclosures, evictions and homeless.
The barely making it crowd does not consume as much as the average American household, so the impact on that group will be less. Furthermore, the basic necessities such as food, utilities and shelter are almost exclusively produced domestically and are not impacted by tariffs. Unfair trade practices that ultimately cost jobs are a bigger threat to the barely getting by crowd.

Then I guess you don't realize what goes into building "shelter" it all trickles down. Ask a home builder how the tariffs have affected material pricing. And with the high percentage of Americans living paycheck to paycheck the "barely getting by crowd" is bigger than you realize.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
S Davis wrote:
It is being predicted that the cost will be over $800.00 per year per household for the current tariffs, I wonder what that is going to do to all the people that already work multiple jobs and still barely make it. More foreclosures, evictions and homeless.

by who?

Type "tariff cost per household" into your search bar and you can read for yourself.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
S Davis wrote:
The barely making it crowd does not consume as much as the average American household, so the impact on that group will be less. Furthermore, the basic necessities such as food, utilities and shelter are almost exclusively produced domestically and are not impacted by tariffs. Unfair trade practices that ultimately cost jobs are a bigger threat to the barely getting by crowd.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
S Davis wrote:

by who?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
ROFLMAO.

Global Trade Economics 101 by RV.net.

Time for some Advil. Sure hope the price hasn't increased.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer