cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asking for help

TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
I give up. People still asking for generator help. But not telling us what they have. So I will join the other generator techs and leave this site. So long and good luck.
12 REPLIES 12

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I think the old adage that Tex got a burr under his saddle applies. :W

As Roy and Dale used to sing, "Happy trails to you."

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
rockhillmanor wrote:
OR.......we could just reply to the OP with something as simple as, "please post the make and model". :W
+1
And no need to ask 3 times. Wait for it and move on until the info is posted.

Plenty of posts I ask a simple question that goes unanswered so I drop out.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with rockhillmanor.

Some are just starting to learn, some are not technically incline, and some just don't have a clue.

Mentoring someone on RV.net, whatever the subject, is a test of your deductive skills and your ability to lead an individual to give you the clues that you can use to help solve the riddle.

I'm not a very good mentor but I try once in a while. It's a form of "bragging" about what you know. It's called human. If I don't share what little I know then what good is it.

If the mentee just happens to learn something then we both benefit.

And, when my contribution is wrong someone usually lets me know and then I learn something new.
Joe and Evelyn

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
OR.......we could just reply to the OP with something as simple as, "please post the make and model". :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
That would be a good sticky on the top. Bold text "When asking for help always post make and model number." Or something along these. Can't hurt.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
TEXAS wrote:
I give up. People still asking for generator help. But not telling us what they have. So I will join the other generator techs and leave this site. So long and good luck.

You have to remember that not everyone is generator savy as you are. Some people are doing good to know that they have a generators and where the start switch is located.

So please be patient.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are two types of people who are very difficult to help when they have technical problems: 1)the one who provides almost no information, and 2)the one who provides way too much information. The first usually doesn't understand anything beyond "it doesn't work", while the second has spent some time trying to figure things out themselves and they're trying to be helpful telling you all the things they've tried so you won't waste your time trying the same things.

They both require patience to work with. With the first you have to explain minor things and have them try things and report results so you can figure out what the problem is. With the second they'll always try to divert you diagnosis with a "i've tried this or that so it's not the problem." Of the two the first is the easiest to work with although at times it can be tedious.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please reconsider!
How about just helping those who give the information needed and ignore the others.
This way those who are trying get help; those who are not do not.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for taking the time in the past to try and help those who are in need (of a push off a cliff maybe). Thank you for your time and effort.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Texas is seceding?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I participate in a number of special interest forums, but have to take a break from any of them sometimes if it becomes too serious. Life is too short for needless aggravation, so just chime in whenever you feel like it and leave it alone when it's a bother. That's my .02
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

westend
Explorer
Explorer
TEX,
Please check back in when the aggravation level has subsided. Good help is still hard to find.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton