cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood water heater electric switch

ceasare
Explorer
Explorer
I thought our water heater wasn’t working on electric, Now I find out that it was. light in the switch that wasn’t working. Ok pick up a new switch and the water heater is still working but the light in the switch is still not. Any other ideas? As usual thanks a million.
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One you may have mis-wired the light
Two.. I installed an "Indicator light" (led) next to the switch way easier than a new switch.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The original switch probably had an incandescent lamp. They make that switch with an LED lamp but you might have to look closely on the package to tell them apart. The LED isn't as bright but doesn't have to be - I can tell the difference between on and off. It will last much longer too!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was the light ever working? You need 3 connections to the lighted switch. You have the hot wire to the switch, you have the wire from the switch to the relay that turns on the 120v heating element, and you have the ground wire that is only required so the switch will light up.

If the heating element is working, then wires 1 and 2 are working. The only other possibility is the ground wire is not grounding.

(Once the switch lights up, if it is lit up ALL THE TIME, you have wires 1 and 2 reversed.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
dumb question...but you got the same lighted switch? 12 volt or 120 volt pilot light?
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion