cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Batteries and Inverter Installed

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey guys I know I asked a bunch of question on Lithium, but in the end I decided to go with (4) 6v batteries from Costco. I appreciate all the feedback on the forum.

So the trailer has a steel-floor compartment between the landing jacks and forward of the basement that the perfect spot. The camper was built with 1-12v batter in the forward curbside compartment with the jack hydraulics.

I stole the idea from another poster that commented on my other thread and found a plastic storage tub at the home center that would fit 4-6v batteries.

I used #4 wire between everything.

I added a vent hose and routed it to the original vent in the front of the trailer. I also added an intake at the bottom of the box with a hose that draws fresh air from below the floor.

I installed the Xantrax 600W inverter and 15a trandfer switch on the wall right above the batteries:

Inside I added the Xantrax remote, battery gauge and Progressive Charge Wizard to the switch panel by the door. The trailer already had a PD 9260 installed, so all I had to do was add the remote pendant.

25 REPLIES 25

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
pianotuna wrote:
Lantley wrote:

I'm not challenging the install, I'm asking for my own benefit.
Would this be a rreason to use AGM batteries?
Checking once a week seems like a lot? Would AGM's require minimal water checks?

There is no way to check water in an AGM.

With that in mind what is the down side of using AGM'S Price?
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lantley wrote:

Checking once a week seems like a lot? Would AGM's require minimal water checks?

There is no way to check water in an AGM.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:
You need to check the water in the batteries at least once a week. Hot weather and multiple discharge/charge cycle will cause evaporation. Depending on how much you use your RV, you probably need to clean the batteries every 3 - 6 months.

19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have just two words to say about that install: Looks Good.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
You need to check the water in the batteries at least once a week. Hot weather and multiple discharge/charge cycle will cause evaporation. Depending on how much you use your RV, you probably need to clean the batteries every 3 - 6 months.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
BurbMan,

So nice to see the balanced wiring! Well Done!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Forgot to mention that I used 2"angle iron and welded a frame around the battery box with supports across under the batteries.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Looks great. Those Costco 6ers have served well for many RVs including 15 years in mine (2 sets).

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually I recreated this chart from an old .jpg and that 12.6 is supposed to read "12.6+"

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job! Beware of that battery SOC table showing 12.6 is full. Your 6s will probably be more like 12.75 when full (resting)
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very clean and neat. Using #4 wire should mean close to no loss. โ€œFRESHโ€ dates on batteriesโ€ฆ2/22!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad