cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery tray for LifePo 200AH Battery?

Teleman
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a LifePo battery to replace my two lead acid deep cycle batteries and I'm having trouble finding a hold down tray for it. It measures 20.5x9.4x8.5 inchs. The bottom is 19"x9". Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pictures of your battery compartment would be helpful. Do you need a tray because there's currently no support for the bottom of the battery? Or are you looking for a sliding tray for access purposes?

On a sidenote, we saw a number of 200ah batteries on Amazon with the same dimensions as yours when we were looking to purchase a lifepo4 earlier this year. They're way too wide to fit in our truck camper. Fabricated our own 200ah lifepo4 pack which fits inside a Group 24 battery box---easily half the size. Got to wonder just how much empty space is inside the enclosure of some of these 200ah lifepo4's on Amazon.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I currently have a 4D case sized AGM. It sits on the stock tray which held 2 12V grp 24 batterys. I have at least another 5 years estimated for the AGM 4D but I think a 200ah LifePo will be in my future. It will fit the stock tray on the 5er.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, there are a lot of slide out trays about that size.
Maybe find a heavy duty plastic tote, cut the top part off and use the bottom for a tray. Or get a welder to make you one out of diamond plate or aluminum.

Teleman
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
A wet battery is no problem.
I looked, but could not find a tray that size or even close to that size.

Me neither. I guess most RVs have slide out trays for batteries large enough to accomodate these big guys. I was surprised my house batteries were up front under the hood when I bought it.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
A wet battery is no problem.
I looked, but could not find a tray that size or even close to that size.

Teleman
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
This box should work for you.

I prefer a tray if that's ok. The battery will get wet but that shouldn't be a problem correct?

Teleman
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Teleman wrote:
I just bought a LifePo battery to replace my two lead acid deep cycle batteries and I'm having trouble finding a hold down tray for it. It measures 20.5x9.4x8.5 inchs. Any ideas?

got any pictures of where the batteries were?

Steve

No but they are behind the grill and separated from the engine by a firewall as it's a Class A motorhome.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
This box should work for you.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Roll your own. Make sure it is well ventilated li hate heat.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
Teleman wrote:
I just bought a LifePo battery to replace my two lead acid deep cycle batteries and I'm having trouble finding a hold down tray for it. It measures 20.5x9.4x8.5 inchs. Any ideas?

got any pictures of where the batteries were?

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100