Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacement rear roof end cap needed.

I have a Tioga 31W that I will be replacing the roof on this summer and the rear fiberglass cap is cracked. This is the molded part that curves over the top near the roof that has 5 running lights mounted in it. Where can I get a replacement for this...

brlowe by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Bulbs for Fifth Wheel Intrerior

Saw the recent post on converting interior lights to LED. So went out and checked the sockets on my fifth wheel. They are what I think are called wedge sockets, not the twist in like a 1141 bulb would twist in.So I see really low cost led bulbs for...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Holiday Rambler Power Roof Vent

Hello Everyone,So, yesterday myself and two of my brothers went to pick up a used 2007 Holiday Rambler Presidential 34SKD that my one brother had purchased from a private owner a week prior. This trailer is top of the line and loaded including a powe...

WFCO Power Center 35A vs 40A

I want to replace the old converter charger in my 1998 Palomino Bronco with a new Three-Stage unit that will output 14+ volts as needed to bulk charge my batteriesWFCO makes two units that have my interestWF-8735P and WF-8740PThe only difference I ca...

2 - 2000 watt vs 1 - 3000 watt noise level

So I'm looking at purchasing either 2 2000 watt Honda or Yamaha or 1 3000 watt Champion. I chose the 300 watt Champion for the good reviews AND the overall height. It is the only 3,000 I can find that will fit beneath my lockable aluminum tonneau c...

Kafn8td by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

"Graphene" LED?

A Cut N Paste From The BBC WebsiteA light bulb made from graphene - said by its UK developers to be the first commercially viable consumer product using the super-strong carbon - is to go on sale later this year.The dimmable LED bulb with a graphene-...

Coil in Transfer Switch energized extended periods?

Looking to do an inverter install and would like to double up on my transfer switches, but I'm concerned because the way I'd like to do it would make it so that the coils in the added transfer switch would be energized when using shore power or gener...

Fix minor slide floor rot with 12 inch Headlok screws

Our slide is suffering from a bit of rot on the floor, the screws holding the sides to the 3/4 plywood floor are not holding and a 3 inch screw will not grip, but when I look at the rot line, it's about 4 to 6 inches back. I found these:http://www.a...

Charge controller ?

I don't guess I completely understand what my charge controller does and doesn't do so here is a question.I have a PWM solar controller hooked up to 200 watts of solar and 2 group 24 battery's, controller is adjustable for shut off volts.Do I need to...

Progressive Dynamics - max current before overload

Hello all,I am trying to figure out what the max power output of a PD 9145 converter is before its brain decides there is an overload condition- and also, what it does to solve that.through my experimentation, I have attached short chunks of #4 wire ...

Morningstar, Outback, Midnite, which to choose.

Well it is time to pick out a respectable controller since Eco-worthy doesn't build 60a model. Of the larger MPPT controllers the three listed are all in the same general price range. The Morningstar TS-MPPT-60 is the smallest and least expensive unt...

Light Switch with Dimmer Question

I just replaced all of our ceiling lights with LED bulbs, our original lights had the dimmer function so our switch has the dimmer control. My LEDs will turn on and then dim some which I do not want. If I change out my original switch with the dimmer...

Dual 30 amp rv's?

Was doing some "window" shopping on Camping World site, and saw a dogbone for dual 30 amp to a single 50 amp receptacle. Are there actually RV's that have 2 30 amp hookups??

Humming from Progressive Industires EMS 50 amp system

About 6 months ago I had Camping World install a Progressive Industries EMS 50amp system to our Montana Big Sky. During the last 2 weekend trips we have noticed a loud "hum" from the EMS unit. At first I thought it was the converter.....replaced it...

Flood

I have a new SnowRiver Trailer (Northwood). I am not sure if every model of this brand uses the same kitchen hardware, but I suspect this may apply to a lot of brands. In the effort to be stylish, rather than practical, they have used an inappropriat...

Tequila by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes