Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fridge in winter

I have seen RV fridges not yet installed in RVs, but never paid much attention to them. I don't know if the fridge box is completely within the insulated envelope of the RV, or if it is really all exposed to the exterior, or some of each. Obviously...

Honda EU2000i pulling too much fuel from extended tank

I rigged up a marine tank to extend the run time and the generator is sucking too much fuel since I pulled off the cranky primer bulb and it will actually overfill the on board tank. I got a new primer bulb to install and I will see if that helps. ...

rjf7g by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

A chair that lasts?

Any suggestions for a reclining/lounge camping chair that lasts more than a season or two? Have tried most of those sold through CW. And no, my wife and I are of average height/weight. Those with the bungee type cords along the edge seem to break eit...

JohnRN by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Preventive Maintenance Auto Transfer Switch

Is there any preventive maintenance we should be doing on our Auto Transfer Switch? Heres why I ask - We just had an odd situation. Plugged into shore power a couple days ago as normal, then flipped the pedestal breaker on, watched the numbers come...

05 Tropical LX Vacuum Pump location.

Upon his return from Quartsite AZ my brother-in-law tells me none of the vents open/close on his has air.I suggested he try & locate the vacuum pump. Problem is, he has no idea where it's located.05 Tropical LXFreightliner chasss with 350 CatAny body...

mchero by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing Honeywell thermostat

I am replacing a Coleman with a Honeywell RTHL2310B . A couple of wires don't match and the woman in India that answers Honeywells 800 number simply said they don't make anything compatible with my unit. Grrrrr. It eas cold last night. Anyway, my red...

Pull Chain Lites Anyone ?

Ever just get set down, and then decide ya want a lite on.Or didja ever just get tired of always havin to look,.....then reach up to turn on a light ?I drilled a couple of our favorite fixtures and installed a pull chain. We love them,.....wonder why...

12V problem

When we were camping last weekend we realized we had no 12v power unless the camper was plugged in. We are hoping that it gets warm enough next weekend to start troubleshooting. When I was out there today I flipped the main breaker and of course al...

Solar Standard Test Conditions Question

Need help understanding this or else it is just wrong, am very confused, any help appreciated---"By convention, solar cell efficiencies are measured under standard test conditions (STC) unless stated otherwise. STC specifies a temperature of 25 °C an...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximum length of sewer hose?

I have been using Sewer Solution kit for over a decade to dump at home. It uses a lot of water. We are having our sewer line replaced and the plumber is putting in 2 clean outs. What is the maximum length sewer hose can use. There will be suffici...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

RUBBER ROOF ?

Just finished my annual washing of the roof and inspection. Outside temp is about 39. Seems the last few years the roof material has become looser fitting alont the outer edges. I believe my roof may be settling slightly though I have never walked...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford F250 Front End Shimmy

I have a 2011 F250 4 X 4. I am have problems with severe front end shimmy at highway speeds. The truck has 35,000 mile on it and this has just started. We changed the steering dampener, steering arm, changed front shocks, and rotated front tires t...

Rogue 20A MPPT Controller Question

Maybe Marc will chime in but maybe this question is generic enough that others might answer. I was perusing the Rogue 20A manual and saw the 320W limit for 12V systems. I'm wanting to put two 150W panels in series to up the volts and reduce current i...

mena661 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Harbor Freight Tools... Inverter Generator

I received a new sale paper from Harbor Freight the other day and see that thay have a NEW inverter generator:Predator brand2500 max./2200 rated watts125 ccRed in colorLot # 61169$499.99I don't see it on the website yet... probably in the stores soon...