Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Invertor Fan - Going Bad?

I have a 2010 North Country TT. The invertor fan is beginning to make a strange noise and seems to have difficulty starting but eventually does start. Two questions - is that dangerous and is it easy to replace the fan? Appreciate any help.

Wjohns02 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

It's Grp 29,30.31 AGM BATTERY TIME!

Going to be sent to Chula Vista California, 8 miles south of San Diego. I know a lot of you AGM'ers have done a lot of research on the AGM so rather than try to re-invent the wheel, I will rely most heavily on your comments. I have a UPS store drop o...

Suge Protect 50A and Generator ?

I am going to purchase a surge protector like the EMS-LCHW50C or other similar recommended unit. Should I wire it after the transfer switch to protect the 50A input and the generator (Onan 8KW diesel)? Or do it the easy way and just protect the 50A i...

az99 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Headlights

We have a Revolution with the headlights seen on so many Freightliner trucks. They are simply terrible. Have to use a flashlight out the door to read street signs, not kidding.High beam low beam and driving glow lights don't make any difference.See a...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Windmill atop RV

Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the idea of several windmills on top of the RV to generate power to recharge batteries as you are driving? They could be raised and lowered as the situation called for. Or does the generator recharge house batt...

Heish by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Plug size to block off propane regulator

In the past I had to remove one of my propane pigtails and loan it out for the night so a camper with a bad pigtail could have some heat. My auto changeover valve properly shut off the open port and I had heat off the one remaining pigtail. But I was...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dissapointed with parts availability.

Our Dometic microwave model DOTR12CB smoked the high voltage transformer. Being a DIY kind of guy, I attempted to buy a new transformer. Supprise!! I got in touch with the Dometic techs and they told me that model was discontinued and there were v...

Dometic DM 2652 Question

I am helping a member of our RV group iron out problems with his newly acquired used FR Fifth Wheel. When left over night unplugged from 110v power, the batteries in the unit will will go dead. We have checked almost everything that could be causing ...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

cracked tub

I bought a used travel trailer this spring and the only issue that I have is that the tub has a crack in the bottom,which is not a huge deal because we never camp where there is no shower house but it seems like I need to put some more support undern...

24rules by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Another "miracle" substance for solar: Perovskite?

Yes, I am skeptical, but one of these days, someone is going to make a huge breakthrough. Supposedly, this stuff will be commercially available at 15 cents per watt, so a hundred watt panel will cost $15:Perovskite thin film articleWe'll see. But i...

Is my converter failing?

I have a PD 9145 with Charge Wizard. While hooked up to shore power with no battery I can light two lights but they dim substantially when I light a third. Go out altogether if I light a fourth. Is this normal? All 120 volt receptacles and utilit...

rtom by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

A little help with a Suburban Furnace

I have a 1985 Hi Lo with a Suburban Furnace in it. I know my thermostat is bad and I just want to make sure I buy a compatible replacement. I only have the heater no ac and I'm not trying to do anything fancy so I found this thermostat here which sa...

Dometic Refrig problem

Having trouble with refrigerator running on propane. When the RV is hooked to shore power and the refrigerator is unplugged from the 110 outlet it will run on propane, but as soon as I unhook from shore power it shuts off. Don't know what the problem...