Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dometic RM2652 5A fuse keeps blowing

I have an older RM2652 (product number: 921 14 40-02 if that helps). It will run on gas just fine, but when I try to run it on AC the 5A fuse that leads to the AC heating element will blow. I’m trying to determine if I need to replace the circuit boa...

Mixing solar panels

Hope I don't confused anyone too much, I get muddled with all the numbers, I'm by no means proficient in this, so looking for advice.I currently have 2 solar arrays. One is 2x325w 72 cell panels in series feeding a Victron 100/50 MPPT. Not planning o...

phemens by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering water for my travel trailer

I’d like to add 2 filters to my trailer.One, a hose attachment that filters all the water coming in.Two, a drinking water filter at the kitchen sink.Easiest would probably be a Camco inline filter for the outside, and a water pitcher for the inside. ...

Electric jack for 5 wheel goes up and not down

The jack stands that raises the front of the trailer up and down just goes up and not down. Worked fine in the morning next camp site won't go down. Checked the switch and it seems ok. Only 2 wires going to the motor. I tried jumping power to each on...

snowpeke by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Power max converter keeps blowing 30 amp fuses

Hello everyone! My revcon has a power max 55amp converter and when I put in a new fuse it pops instantly. I unplugged shore power and it popped instantly still. I measured the voltage with it plugged into shore and was 110 going in and 26 coming out....

Front tires on the truck

Came back from our 10,000 mile trip cross country again. Went to rotate the tires and get an alignment, and the front tires had sone scupping. They only have 30000 miles on LT tires. Could it be from towing the 5 wheel?

ceasare by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New Eu3000is Fuel Cap Supplier

After so many gracious recommendations to my Honda Eu3000is post a few days, ago, my solution to the gas tank vacuum problem is to either try to clean my old cap or get a new one.Guess I should go ahead and order a new fuel cap. Anyone have a suggest...

TECMike by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar install charge question

Adding the solar panels and charge controller this week. I have read that the converter IQ charger and the Solar Charge controller can confuse each other so wonder if I should use a marine battery switch to be able to select charge source to the batt...

Honda 3000 Problem

Our 12 year old reliable, trouble free, Honda 3000 generator has started to give me and my wife a problem. It has always powered our Dometic 13,500 AC unit fine when boondocking, but now shuts down a few minutes run time after the AC compressor start...

TECMike by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery issue

I have a 2001 Monaco Windsor. My brother was out West in it last year and it seem that anything that could happen, did happen. The alternator was overcharging so it blew up the brand new chassis battery, then the solenoid Between the chassis and ...

Black Tank Valve Replacement

It seems every 2 years I need to replace the valve on the black tank because it become very difficult to pull. What am I doing wrong that causes this to happen?

Slide stopped working

Hi all, on my 2012 Jayco jay flight 28bhs I had the slide stop working this weekend while breaking camp. I was pulling the slide in and right at the point it fully closed I didn’t hear the tell tale clicking that indicates the slide is all the way i...

Inverter

In our 5th wheel we have an inverter that allows us to run the fridge while driving. It also runs the fridge and 1 outlet next to it when the power is out. Can I leave this on full time to cover for a power outage when we are not in the camper? Or do...

esfd243 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes