Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

furnace leak

hoping someone could help me out here. so I basically live in my rv up in alberta Canada, -25c usually in the winter...just as of late when my furnace kicks in I get a strong exhaust smell inside the unit and it seems the exhaust isn't blowing out wi...

oldgrey by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Attwater 6 gallon water heater gas-elec.

Atwood water heater....When gas fire ignites and burns it's not a smooth steady flame it's erratic like pressure problem and then goes to a gurgling fire..... Almost like air in the gas......any ideas please...???

Furnace Noise

Anyone have any fool proof way to limit the noise I get from my furnace? Our friends furnace runs in their 5th wheel and is very quiet; ours sounds like a blast furnace. It's located under the stairs but not buried too far toward the frontAny sugge...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill Battery Water Maintainer

The battery compartment on our in-bed camper is only 12-13 inches high. Had plans to install two GC2's, which are 11" high. Obviously, very little room to check/maintain the batteries. Has anyone used a battery water maintainer like the Flow-Rite ...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

I messed up removing an evap cooler

My plan was to remove the evap cooler and install a Fan-Tastic fan. As you can see from the pic I got carried away and accidently tore the aluminum roof on one side.I have putty tape and Dicor lap seal for the job.What would you do?I am planning to i...

SHRED by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic New Generation refrigerators

I have recently been dealing with a failing Dometic 2 way refrigerator. I have finally decided I am going to have to bite the bullet and shell-out for a new one. The one I have is the original in a 2002 Bigfoot RV so it is no spring chicken. The mode...

Changing out the shower valve

My shower valve started leaking so I need to replace it. It looks like I can use a standard single handle shower pressure-balancing rough-in valve if I find one similar to the one I have to avoid hose work. Anyone replaced one with a home model?Tha...

shore power problem

I had some work done on my 94 bounder pusher.where the batteries where discounted. rear main seal ,work by cummins. to what extent I don't know if they discounted all of them or just the 1 battery.but now when I go to plug into shore power it blows t...

Power Gear Electric Jack Issue, Help..

All 4 of my power gear jacks work good but the front driver side jack does not hold in position, after about 24 hours that front driver side goes down so I have to lower the jack again on that side, does that mean I have to replace the brake on that ...

timmac by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic RM2652 not cooling

We bought a 2002 Bigfoot trailer recently and I knew the fridge may be questionable because the rig sat for a long time without any operation of the appliances. The fridge cools a bit when running on 120AC but when on gas it does nothing. The gas bur...

Atwood hot water heater wont work

Water heater has been perfect until tonight. We were on propane for a few weeks and then on electric for the past few. Worked perfectly fine this AM and just tried to wash some stuff and no hot water. Checked the breakers etc. When I tried on gas n...

Mopeka Tank Check

a couple years ago I purchased the Mopeka tank check system. I had the one with the inside monitor. It has worked fine until I replaced the batteries. Now tank 1 shows full and tank 2 shows empty and both tanks have been recently filled. When the...

PSW Inverter - No Load Current

Our in-bed camper will only hold two batteries. Wanting to power the microwave, TV, satellite and laptops. Thinking a 2000w PSW inverter would be the right size. Noticed most 2000w inverters have no load current approaching 2 amps. A bit high. D...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Ground-Neutral bond

Please help me to understand grounding and neutral bonding. This assumes the transfer switch between shore power and generator switches both hot & neutral. This is how I understand it with a big question at the end.On-board Generator:Ground, neutra...