Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

WDH receiver slop - fixed with 2 1/2" shank, I think

I have an Equal-I-Zer 1400 WDH with 2" shank. About 1300# TW. After 5 years and getting lots of slop in the 2", Class IV hitch receiver in my old F150, I was looking forward to see how things would work out with the Class 5, 2.5" hitch receiver in th...

brulaz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

1st Trip 4/26 & now battery issues What Brand if replacing?

Ok I know I have asked a lot of questions recently but as I attempt to try and get my 5th wheel ready for a trip leaving this coming Wednesday I keep getting hit with all sorts of maintenance issues.Put slide out yesterday and battery did not have en...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Noctua NF-F12 Fan Install/Wiring For Frige

I got the fan based on a recommendation here and am pleased with it thus far. This is obviously a plug and play for say a computer environment. It has four wires, two blue adjacent to each other, then one yellow, and lastly a black. So I want to h...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What can you tell me about my converter/charger?

My gal has got herself a 2010 Jayco x17z hybrid RV. From what I could find, it comes with an IOTA 45 amp converter/charger. We will be doing some dry camping and running the generator (2000w inverter style) for a short period of time during the day...

ib516 by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

LIthium battery upgrade - Complete!

For folks interested in an upgrade to lithium batteries, we've just completed our blog post on our upgrade to 400Ah of RELiON LiFePO4 batteries. http://www.jenericramblings.com/2017/01/17/rv-upgrades-switching-to-lithium/

Airmon by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Deka DC31DT battery? Deep Cycle?

"True Deep Cycle" according to local battery dealer. Here's the specs:Deka DC31DT Marine Deep Cycle Battery (Lead Acid) 12V, 650 CCAOur batteries from DEKA are made with the highest quality parts and are guaranteed to be compatible with your original...

Batteries draining

I have a 2013 Thor Hurricane motorhome on an F53 chassis. Recently I discovered that the coach batteries (2 group 31 AGM 2 years old)were draining overnight from 12.9 volts down to 11.2 volts. Coach was not plugged into shore power. My chassis bat...

turnkey2 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Question for converter/charger gurus

My current MH came with a Parallax 7345 converter/charger. Since that was junk, I replaced it with a PD4655V.I am trading off my MH next week and getting a new Airstream trailer. The Airstream comes with a Parallax 8355 converter/charger.Am I right i...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cooper tires

Looking at some Cooper HT3 tires for my 3500 Dodge truck and towing a 34' 5th. wheel trailer. Recommendations, comments????

Solar and inverter deals at Lowes

SVCJeff had a thread up in the "General issues" section of the Forum about Lowes clearancing Zamp inverters--2000 W PSW for $135 (smaller ones, too, for little money).I also found they are selling out 100W solar modules--$68.75 for a 12V module.Hope ...

westend by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TV wont stay down in console

its a tv that goes down in console, when you push button to release it, it comes up mine wont stay down and lock in. i found cable running from push button but cant see where it goes, any ideas?

LP refrigerator indicator gauge problem

Hi fellas,I've got a kz sportsman series travel trailer with a 2 way fridge; LP and 120v options. I've been having some issues with the LP indicator gauge. I push/hold the gas knob inward and hit the pop igniter. The indicator goes to green so I l...

Hammy549 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes