Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Framework in nose of 5th wheel

I had a light cover come off and leak water into the nose of my Keystone Outback. The filon delamed on that side below the light, not too bad but I look at it everytime I look at the nose. I am going to pull the filon off and replace it and want to h...

ksbowman by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow up on the check engine light

After a week in the Ford Garage in Yuma, Automotive Garage in the Foothills, back and forth 4 times my 2003 Ford with the V10 eng with 105K is finally fixed I hope. Replaced one oxygen sensor first. The light stayed off until I got on the road. Th...

WFCO Converter Fan

I recently replaced the faulty 10 year old WFCO 55 amp converter in my trailer with a new WFCO 45 amp. The fan on the new one kicks on when I have four lights on in the trailer and the more accessories that are on the faster the fan speed. Is this no...

bjarnold by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical questions, alternator? amps? generator?

Hey guys,I want to start buying my electrical components, but I have no idea what to buy, this is all new to me but I'm a quick learner, so can you guys give me some input?I bought 10 LED fog lights (27w each) that I'll be adding on the roof frame, m...

evy by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Charging

Probably a dumb question but here goes..When you have other things attached to the battery posts like an inverter, battery monitor etc. and then attach a charger to the battery posts or use the converter, do all the amps/power that are replenishing t...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Ok What Am I doing Wrong!!

We bought a new to us fifth wheel, traded in the old one so I am in the process of moving everything that I had in the other one to this one . I built a battery box for my 2 6volts , hooked up the pos to neg terminals to get 12 volts, ran the white g...

Options to upgrade water heater?

Recently purchased a new to us 5th wheel TH. All of the research I did prior to purchase showed a 12 gal water heater. Coming from a 10 gal in previous rig, I was looking forward to a bigger tank. Unfortunately, I didn't check it in person before the...

Generator

can a regular 4000 watt generator be used on an rv. I do not need one often but it comes in handy sometimes to run the a/c. We have solar and it keeps batteries charged fine. We are full time rv'ers and dry camp mostly. I do not care for crowded camp...

gbsb by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

110v and 220v

I am trying to make my FW able to be used with both 110V for here in the states and have a transfer switch for running of 220V in Australia via a step down transformer? Is this possible or not?Frank.

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing old sealant

I am replacing the ceiling vent in the fiver with a Maxxair Fan, the instructions say remove ALL old sealant from flange. Is there any thing that will make this go a little easier?

LED/TV reception

I'll try this here! I have a '11 Keystone Cougar 326 MKS, got tired of the incandescent bulbs, so I got some LED's (29 diodes per led), now when watching TV at night turn on the three pendent lights and TV goes to "no signal". How can I fix this caus...

Bemota by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Stick home Geothermal system ques?

Came home from the winter RV trip and found a pool of water in the basement from a rusted out water heater.I am a do it yourself guy if possible so i changed out the water heater today.Prob is the geo furnace had tow half inch water pipes connected t...

Dave_H_M by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes