cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

**BEWARE OF LA MESA RV IN DAVIE!!**

Iujmjus
Explorer
Explorer

My experience with La Mesa RV in Davie as a single woman new to the RV Lifestyle has been nothing short of a nightmare and a complete disappointment, especially for the 2024 Mercedes Pleasant Way Plateau that I paid over $175,000 for!

From the moment I purchased the RV in September 2024, the issues started piling up. On the drive home from taking delivery, the check engine light came on. When I called the next day, Blake, the salesman, minimized my concerns and brushed it off as โ€œnot a big deal,โ€ suggesting I take it to Mercedes myself to get it fixed. What reputable dealership lets a customer drive off the lot with a check engine light on and then tells them to deal with it on their own?

They also failed to give me all of the keys at the time of delivery. I was fortunate to figure this out prior to taking it out of town  otherwise I wouldโ€™ve been hundreds of miles away from home, unable to access certain areas of the RV.

When I took it to Mercedes-Benz of Coconut Creek, I was told they were unaware of any pre-existing check engine light issues, and due to a shortage of lifts for Sprinter vans, it would take 5-7 days just to look at it. I was forced to reach back out to La Mesa RV, who had no problem inconveniencing me further by having me drop it off at their Davie location and Uber back home numerous times.

They took the RV to Mercedes in Miami, where it stayed for several days. After getting it back, La Mesa assured me everything was taken care of, but within an hour of driving, the check engine light was on AGAIN!! I was already headed out of town for a camping trip. This time, Joseph Jaure from La Mesa had to pick up the RV from my home when I returned and bring it back to Mercedes of Miami, where it sat for another five days before being returned to me.

Only now, within an hour of driving out of town for another camping trip, the air conditioning and internal appliances stopped working. I had to pull over on the side of the highway and call Pleasant Way, who informed me that I needed to reset the inverter by shutting down the entire unit, including the engine. It was an extremely hot day, and I had friends and my dog in the RV. That was the first of three times that day the inverter/charger failed. Later, Pleasant Way casually mentioned they were aware of this issue and that it required a software update only a technician could perform. They knew this could happen, yet did nothing to ensure the updates were applied before delivery. This left my friend and I stranded to figure out other accommodations on our camping trip.

In the course of owning this brand new 2024 Mercedes Pleasant Way Plateau for just five weeks, it has been in the shop for three of them for various repairs and system updates. Meanwhile, Iโ€™m stuck paying monthly payments for a defective RV along with storage fees. Itโ€™s clear that La Mesa RV got their money and could care less about the consumer. They assured me they would fix the problems and communicate clearly, but they have failed miserably on both fronts. Iโ€™ve given them ample opportunity to rectify the situation, even requesting a replacement, but Iโ€™ve lost all confidence in La Mesa RV, Mercedes, and Pleasant Way.

La Mesaโ€™s customer service is beyond appalling. Iโ€™ve had to reach out to Channel 7โ€™s "Help Me Howard" just to get attention on this issue. Beyond the initial $175,000 purchase price, the loss of usage is infuriating, and the company refuses to offer any meaningful compensation or solution.

La Mesa RV is only interested in getting RVโ€™s over the curbโ€ฆ. and getting their money, once they do they will leave you high and dry the moment issues arise. Do yourself a favor and avoid this dealership at all costs!!

1 REPLY 1

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Do you mean "pleasure way"?

Try reaching out to Liz Amazing. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS