Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bizarre water problems

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
First time out this year.

Sanitized after dewinterizing this late spring. Had a full FW tank. Towed great.

After setting up with full hookups, flushed the toilet, normal. Checked the kitchen (only) sink. Hot water normal, cold water a slight drizzle. Checked the shower, hot & cold normal flow. Outdoor shower, normal flows. Then the toilet started barely drizzling out.
Both showers flowed normal. Used a container with shower water for flushing all weekend.
After trying a few things Saturday and draining the FW tank after discovering it overflowing (must be a bad check valve), the flow for sink hot significantly decreased and the cold ran similar to the hot, a steady flow that would take 30-45 seconds to fill a cup. FW tank refilled over night.

Hereโ€™s the strangeness. First T off the supply line after pump and city water is outside shower, tested fine two days. Water lines run front to back and come up under shower. T out there aft to toilet, forward to next T. That T supplies the shower and continues forward on that side to the sink. Shower has full flow, toilet not. Again shower has full flow, sink not. I will drain the system with low point drains this week and start over. I only had one set of pliers and did not have a large enough wrench for the low point drains to test while camping (I will add two large adjustable wrenches to the TT toolkit).

All I can figure is a couple of air locks are happening since the middle flows but two ends in different directions donโ€™t.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,
5 REPLIES 5

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
That's all the free stuff the trailer builders give you. My plumbing had a pile of wood chips in it. You would think those idiot employees would have a little bit more conscience when building these units. Hate to see what's in the hot water tank.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the toilet today. Bunch of white particulate filled up the intake screen on the foot valve. I took off one hose off the foot valve at the top to try to blow air reverse flow. It was completely clogged.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
All I can figure is a couple of air locks are happening since the middle flows but two ends in different directions donโ€™t.

Not even possible.

Suspect list includes a failed faucet and a pinched water line. That's about all. Inspect every inch of the lines to the slow faucet.
Then with water off disconnect line from faucet and using any device that can do the job extend to a bucket and turn on water pump.. (The old convert your tub to a shower device works well for this)

IF good flow. the faucet is the culprit

IT May just be something clogging the valve.. rare but can happen.

(EDIT: Fixed your malformed "quote" so it wouldn't wreck the rest of your post.)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on BFLโ€™s post.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure this will help any, but do be sure the by-pass valves are all the way the right way after you dewinterized. Next, be sure the sink faucet nozzle filter is not plugged up. Unscrew that and see if water flows properly without the filter there.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.