cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

black tank chemicals

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
what kind of wast digester does everyone use?? iam wanting to switch i am using ODERLESS it doesnt seem to be working.. iam not a full timer but useto be can i get some feed back please
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
74 REPLIES 74

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

Good point. How many other treatment chemicals publish their material data sheets? Has Coke ever published a list of their ingredients?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I use TSP max Our rig is parked out front 24/7 we're in the midst of a remodel so one bathroom is down. The Toy Hauler restroom has been used quite a bit and no smell over a month.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
way2roll wrote:
ScottG wrote:
I don't know if anything really disolves waste faster but thanks for using something. Otherwise, when you dump you stink up the entire CG or dump station.

If your connections are sealed properly, this shouldn't be an issue. But I get that a lot of people don't do things the way they are supposed to.

There's always a vent nearby, especially at dump stations, so no matter how tight the sewer connection is, the sudden influx of that much volume can force gasses out of them.
Of course, these are also the same cheap guys who wont replace a hose that only leaks "slightly" and even a little spillage reeks.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
ScottG wrote:
I don't know if anything really disolves waste faster but thanks for using something. Otherwise, when you dump you stink up the entire CG or dump station.

If your connections are sealed properly, this shouldn't be an issue. But I get that a lot of people don't do things the way they are supposed to.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thank you all for tour replys. i guess iam gona try that happy camper stuff.. thanks again
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
DFord wrote:
My Trek friends tipped me off to Happy Campers a few years ago and I've been using it ever since with excellent results. I put one scoop in the toilet and use my bowl mop to clean the toilet (and up under the ring) to keep the bowl sparkly and odor free, then flush. I put another scoop in the sink to swish it around to make sure it completely dissolves before releasing it to the tank. My Trek came with a black tank flush system and I added a diverter valve along with a flush spray for the greywater tank.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

Can't find anywhere what the list of ingredients are- Not on their website, google search, nothing. (material safety data sheet) Happy Campers consists of Zinc salts and unnamed materials. Happy Camper is a highly concentrated monohydrate (which is a fancy way of saying there is one molecule of water per molecule of the rest of the ingredients). blend of minerals and micro nutrients. Curious why they don't tell you what those micro nutrients are. I'm always cautious of products labelled as "organic" and "natural" as those claims are not really regulated and are used a lot in marketing and further cautious when it's really hard to find out what's actually in it.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Orange tabs from Walmart.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
My Trek friends tipped me off to Happy Campers a few years ago and I've been using it ever since with excellent results. I put one scoop in the toilet and use my bowl mop to clean the toilet (and up under the ring) to keep the bowl sparkly and odor free, then flush. I put another scoop in the sink to swish it around to make sure it completely dissolves before releasing it to the tank. My Trek came with a black tank flush system and I added a diverter valve along with a flush spray for the greywater tank.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

https://www.smartrving.net/best-rv-holding-tank-treatments/

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We were full time seasonal last summer. Using Happy Camper, we could go 9 days before the toilet started to smell. The Geo Method and TankTechsRX are other options.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I think it would be more helpful if the OP described when and where the odor is coming from if possible. :h

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Plain water. If you use enough water and flush your tanks, you don't need any chemicals. The length of time any solids are in your tank isn't nearly long enough for any enzymes to really do anything and they just end up in the recipients' septic system. Been using plain water for the past 7 years and never had an issue. I did install back flush systems on both grey and black and I can say it makes things much easier.

x2

X3

If you're getting odors, it more likely a venting problem.
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Plain water. If you use enough water and flush your tanks, you don't need any chemicals. The length of time any solids are in your tank isn't nearly long enough for any enzymes to really do anything and they just end up in the recipients' septic system. Been using plain water for the past 7 years and never had an issue. I did install back flush systems on both grey and black and I can say it makes things much easier.

x2

Moved from ATC

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator