cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Tank incident

richy2
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of flushing my black tank I close the valve add water and dump and repeat several times. During one of the cycles I became distracted, forgot about opening the valve and heard three loud pops, went around to open the valve and noticed clear water dripping from the tank area. I could not see exactly where it was coming from because it's enclosed. I assumed something was broken, however, the dripping stopped after a while, I have since used and flushed the tank as usual a few times without any issues, every thing seems ok. I am not going to fix anything that is not broken but I am curious about the pops and dripping. Any ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You should open underbelly and find the problem now......otherwise you will be finding it latter when the tank is full of poop.

Tank strap/support broken
Vent line/drain line from toilet pushed out of grommet
Tank seam cracked
Insulation soaked
Flush line cracked

Above are just some of the possibles for that loud pop and dripping water.
Nothing inanimate fixes it self....but it can/does get worse
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

J_Walker
Explorer
Explorer
There is a vent for the black tank so you can't raise the pressure to the city water pressure but you can build it to the 12' or so head pressure to the roof where the vent is. The large area of the black tank walls might make the tank expand enough to pop a support strap. I would be worth a look.
Jim Walker
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2, 6.7 Cummins, 2100 Allison
2009 Malibu

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is there is a hole somewhere on the black tank. Maybe it is high enough that it wont create problems though. I did the same thing with my last trailer. Lucky for me, the tank is exposed underneath. In my case I went into the house and forgot I was filling it. I heard a loud bang and found a steel strap had broke off that supports the tank. The tank expanded enough to blow that off. I also had some water come through the floor inside around the toilet base. It never caused any problems though after that.
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW