cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

box for Honda EU3000?

jy
Explorer
Explorer
I,m looking for a box to mount on the tounge of a car trailer to put a Honda EU 3000 generator in.Anyone ever bought one or know where to get one?
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.
2 REPLIES 2

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'd hit your favorite search engine. There are some places that can custom fab you a box for the Honda, and provide it with the proper airflow and access for cords and such, while keeping the generator well secured. The aluminum diamondplate boxes are not as secure as a Jo-box/Job Box, but they definitely are a step up from just chaining the handles down.

Ron_Nielson
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how big your 'car trailer' is, or how big you want your box, but a very strong and secure box can be purchased at HD or Lowes, other similar stores, and it is called a 'job box', a tool box used by contractors so what they can store tools at a job site and not carry them in their truck. You can bolt it to your trailer floor and it has 2 places on the lid for recessed padlocks, constructed such that you cannot get to the hasps with a bolt cutter, so it is secure. Reasonably priced, various sizes (small, med, large, huge). These boxes are MUCH tougher than any alum brite tread you'll find for sale.

I made one for a trailer I used to have and put in my generator, batteries, and lots of room left over for golf clubs, chairs, other camping stuff. I cut an air vent into the back (so the generator could run with the lid closed if raining) and had an exhaust pipe (made of schedule 80 plastic pipe - it won't melt, really!, not even after hours of running your genny)to vent the exhaust.