cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying TST 507 TPMS in Canada - Where is good?

I've been looking at buying a TST-507 TPMS and have checked around online for a decent place to buy one.
Checked Amazon and some zipperhead there wants $907. or so for a set. Another was about 325.

Considering the exchange rate I don't want to pay a small fortune for it.

Anyone have a good reliable source for buying it in Canada without costing an arm and a leg?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
16 REPLIES 16

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Hawkshead TPMS and aren't exactly happy with it. Next time I would def. go with TST. We also have the Hawkshead "T-valve" and it works great - that is, after I went to a whole lot of trouble to prevent the rim-valve seals from leaking. Hawkshead used to be available from TVformyRV.com in the US, but they haven't sold there products for a couple of years or so and now sell TST. Hawkshead doesn't seem to be available in the US now. Not sure if that says anything or not?

Charlie D. wrote:
Does it haave to be a TST? I believe Hawkshead are Canadian?

Charlie I appreciate the suggestion. I did check out the Hawkshead system. They are more money than the TST.
$339 US for their base system with 4 sensors.
The TST is $259. for the same application.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

Charlie D. wrote:

Reason I chose TST was reading a lot of threads on TPMS here. I found that the vast majority of folks here prefer and recommend that brand over the others.
Figured I would save myself a bunch of grief later by going with what works well for a lot of rv'ers.
I'm not afraid to pay for quality. I have always maintained " You only cry once"

The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Another way of putting it is like this:

If you want good clean quality oats, you must be willing to pay a fair and reasonable price.
However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, those come a little cheaper!
:B

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Fisherguy wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Myredracer and fisherguy,

I used to live close to you guys. I was in Fleetwood of Surrey, 96 and 161 street. I used to run to Blaine to pick up stuff at a friends address there. And the usual Sunday milk runs or day trips to Bellingham or Seattle. It was fun while it lasted.

Wow, I'm at 160th and 92nd, we were practically neighbors a few years ago.
I don't think you can stop someone from grabbing the sensors with the type that goes on the valve stems.

Small world. I likely drove past your place every day!

We're in south Langley about 10 min. from the truck crossing. We have a mailbox in Blaine and buy stuff online all the time and get it sent there. Not as good now with about a 1/3 premium on the dollar but usually still better. We basically do all of our camping in the US and are spoiled being next to the border. DW used to live in Fleetwood, our dentist is there and FIL is in a care home there and knows the area well. She was born in Edmonton and says she would never go back because it just gets waaay too cold. ๐Ÿ˜ž

We have those locking ring thingies on our sensors and you can still get them off easily. Not worth bothering with them and I don't use them.

Fisherguy wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:

I used to live close to you guys. I was in Fleetwood of Surrey, 96 and 161 street. I used to run to Blaine to pick up stuff at a friends address there. And the usual Sunday milk runs or day trips to Bellingham or Seattle. It was fun while it lasted.

I don't think you can stop someone from grabbing the sensors with the type that goes on the valve stems.

Small world. I likely drove past your place every day!

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Another question I have that I couldn't seem to find out in TST website,
How do you prevent them from being stolen off your wheels? Seems anyone could just thread them off and take them.

There is an installation/locking tool furnished. The flow through sensors use an allen wrench and the non flow through type uses a small open end wrench. Like anything else, if somebody wants to get them bad enough, there's not much you can do about it.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:

06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

Another question I have that I couldn't seem to find out in TST website,
How do you prevent them from being stolen off your wheels? Seems anyone could just thread them off and take them.

But since I moved to Calgary in 2013, I don't have that option anymore. It's a bit of a hike from here to the border so not worth it now.

Guess I could just order from TST, pay the exchange and do snail mail. Got a couple thousand mile trip coming up in July, towing a friends 32 foot TT and don't want any un-noticed tire issues. So there will be time if I order now. 259 US is 357 Canadian at current exchange rate.
Thanks for the input.

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
How far from the border are you? I have my stuff sent to Blaine WA and I can be there in a half hour from where I live in Surrey and at the border they don't usually charge you taxes if your purchase is under $300 US.

$259 US from TST, I wanna get one myself but don't have time before our first trip next week.
TST 507
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy online in the US for best pricing. Just don't get it sent via courier. Least shipping cost is by post but packages can take a while to clear Canada Customs. Or just move closer to the border... ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon.ca has some completely insane pricing compared to Amazon.com. Some prices can leave you gasping for air. :E

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Buy the unit directly from TST. Great customer service!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

Thanks guys. ๐Ÿ™‚