cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Champion 2000 Watt Inverters

shelby17
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at Hondas Yamahas, etc, I ended up buying 2 Champions with the Parellel Kit. Opened them both up and put in .4 litres of 10/30 oil in it and it left oil all over the place.Cleaned up mess and it left another the next day. The other Generator was fine. Any body else had these start up problems with these?
12 REPLIES 12

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
shelby17 wrote:
Exchanging straight across for another. They were on sale for $650 each before taxes. Hondas here are 1300 for a 2000Watt and an extra $100 for the perellel companion. So if these hampions last 5 years I will be happy.

I recently sold the second of two Honda EU2000i gensets that I've owned simply because I wasn't using them enough to justify the investment. I had purchased each one used and was therefore able to sell each for what I had paid for them - easy to do here in this market where a good used EU2000i will be snapped up as soon as it's advertised. That said, I did see that Canadian Tire sale on the Champ for $650 + tax which even included paying for it over 2 yrs, no interest charge, just $27 month. That minor cost is enough to say "Hmmmmm" as it would be handy to have on hand and at such a small cost perhaps worth considering no matter how little use it may actually see, BUT ... not when the incidence of fuel leakage with brand new units seems to crop up here on the forums so often. That to me screams lack of quality control during manufacture and although CT may exchange it for another I'm one who just doesn't have the patience for such nonsense. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

shelby17
Explorer
Explorer
Exchanging straight across for another. They were on sale for $650 each before taxes. Hondas here are 1300 for a 2000Watt and an extra $100 for the perellel companion. So if these hampions last 5 years I will be happy.

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you got it taken care of. Are they just exchanging the one that is leaking for another?
I have had mine over a year now and absolutely love it!
Mine has never leaked, but it does make a mess if you over fill the oil and it runs down into the bottom cover.

shelby17
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Tire is actually taking the bad one back. Called Champion in LA and they said I had to pay for shipping the Generator to nearest warranty outlet which in southern BC is miles away. Can imagine how much shipping would cost.
Thanks All,

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Bought 2 refurbished units from supergen a couple of years ago. No problems yet.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back and get another one.

DesertFiver
Explorer
Explorer
Over 3 yrs... NO probl!ems

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Zero oil or gas probs here, :h

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one about 4 or 5 years ago and never had an issue with the oil or gas...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

windviewer
Explorer
Explorer
for cdns, please note the eu2000i companion and regular eu2000i hondas parallel editions are now being sold in canada and you can buy the parallel cables as well (at least in ontario).

you can still make your own parallel cables cheaper of course.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Champion from Costco added the oil and gas but the next day the gas was all over the garage floor, I called to get it fixed under warranty and got it back a month latter. It still leaked so I returned it to Costco.

You really don't need two generators and in the long run you will be far ahead with a Honda.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine 4 years ago at Costco and upon opening the box found the engine shroud damaged. I exchanged it for another one and haven't had a problem since.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS