cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class B on a Dodge Chassis - When did they go bad?

Makin__Do
Explorer
Explorer
Many years ago I owned a Pleasure-Way Lexor on a 2002 Dodge chassis. It seemed like I needed a football field to make a U-turn and the rear wheels needed spacers added to make it go straight down the road and not have handling problems.
Now I'm considering buying a 1999 Pleasure-Way on a Dodge chassis with very low miles, which is located over 500 miles from my location, so I can't just go look at it just kick tires. I drove a 1997 PW about six years ago and it handled like a dream compared to the 2002. Small turning radius and no spacers.
So, my question is, what year did Dodge make "improvements" to the chassis to screw it all up? I'm hoping 2000 and not earlier.
4 REPLIES 4

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1997 Xplorer 230XL on a Dodge chassis. I put rear wheel spacers on it. I love it and it runs well and I'm keeping it forever. I got it in 2000 and now have 192,000 miles on it.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
just my .02cts they still are ,owned three dodge products and they were junk from day one. seems to be the cheaper of the big three.

NEVER owned a Dodge product until I bought a Dodge CTD pickup.
Best pickup I have ever owned - and prior to that I've had an equal
number of bow ties and blue ovals.

Absolute worst of the bunch was an '85 Ferd diesel.....although way back when I was foolish enough to buy a new Ferd Van.

ANYONE considering a new truck (or truck chassis) vehicle should visit the respective sites for that brand - see what problems the "brand loyal" OWNERS are having, returns to the dealer for warranty work, etc.

~

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found this, which might be BS, but I doubt it. I am suspicious of your "spacers" problem back then being an OEM issue--was it OEM?

Anyway this is interesting whatever your views:

https://www.thehitchhouse.com/pleasure-way-history.htm

Trying to find more on the history angle like you can with trucks that have "generations".
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just my .02cts they still are ,owned three dodge products and they were junk from day one. seems to be the cheaper of the big three.