cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cold weather flexible 30 amp power cord?

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Some time ago I bought Bargman 7 connector power umbilical that really is very flexible in cold weather.

I've been looking for a 30 AMP power connector cord that is similarly very flexible in cold weather but have not had success. Does anyone have any suggestions?
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I should say that my Marinco cord is flexible in the cold compared to the black cord that came with the trailer. Not to imply it rolls like a rope.

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
First, thanks for all replies.

dalenoel, that cord looks like a possibility. Have you used one like it?

Ranger Smith, I saw that cord and it looks like it would be flexible in cold weather, but I don't think that company has 30 AMP cold weather flexible cords.

BB_TX, hello to a fellow Texan. Somehow we must have different cords. I bought a 30SPP.RV cord and it is really not very flexible at all in the cold weather we have been experiencing lately (say 40 degrees). I know Marinco is reputable, but this time they did not deliver to me what I thought I was going to get. Or maybe I ordered the wrong one?
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The yellow Marinco cords remain flexible when cold. I have both a 50 amp and 30 amp Marinco cord.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Here is oneFlexible Cord
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

dalenoel
Explorer II