cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Computer program or app 4 organizing travel adventures??

realter
Explorer
Explorer
So many places to go and see, how do you keep track of everything? Are there any computer programs or phone apps or has anybody used some type of spreadsheet? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
One of these days, I'll finish the site that I'm writing for exactly this. But until then, I use a combination of sites - RoadTrippers.com, RVParky.com (from a computer), and a Google Docs spreadsheet.

I wrote about my planning here:
http://learntorv.com/lets-go-trip-planning-apps-and-websites/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I use Garmin's BaseCamp to mark (set as waypoint) places to see in a folder call "To See". When I start planning a trip I copy/add the places to a folder call for example "2018 NW Trip". I also use Garmin StreetPilot 2720 as my GPS so I can upload from BaseCamp to StreetPilot.

If I have limited time or traveling with my DD or DS I also create a Excel spreadsheet so they can help me plan.

One leg of the trip in BaseCamp below

Excel of part of South Leg -- I add links to websites of key points.

Is it a lot of work, but since I am full time -- what else do I have to do and it allows the DD to help in planning the trip since I can email the excel spreadsheet to her.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Before or during the trip, I star (save) the places I want to see in Google Maps using my desktop or laptop. This works well as a reminder, since I'm in Google Maps a lot on my phone while traveling, the stared places show up when I'm nearby.

I've never had such a long list of "things to see" that I really needed to organize them, that sounds exhausting.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google maps automatically tracks my movements. I keep notes on Google calendar.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
3x5 cards
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind