cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cooper tires

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at some Cooper HT3 tires for my 3500 Dodge truck and towing a 34' 5th. wheel trailer. Recommendations, comments????
11 REPLIES 11

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I've had 3 sets of Coopers on my last 2 trucks, after the originals wore down, no problems with any of them. I have roughly 10k towing on the A/T3's I put on last fall, so far so good. Went with the A/T3's as we live in snow country.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
I had them on tow vehicle as well as trailer and another small Ford Ranger. All of the vehicles they were on had tire separation failure. Over 40% of them. Interesting thing was even my friend who uses a lot of tires for his rental yard said the same thing. I will never buy another Cooper anything.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had good luck with them but tread only lasted mid 20K miles.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Have got Cooper AT/3's...LT275/65/R20 on my Ford and have over 25K on them and still have about 30K left on them.
cpaulsen

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I have had and used Cooper tires for years and have had a problem once years ago, they replaced the tire , with balance with no problem and apologized for any problems we had. I have Coopers on my Ford F150 now.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
I had 2 sets of the AT3 and was very happy except for the milage, mid 20k on both sets.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I put Cooper tires on my 5500 Chevrolet MDT. Tire company tried three times to balance them and never could, they were out of round. I even put Centramtic tire balances on still could not balance them out. Tire company pulled all the Coopers and replaced them with Toyo's and my truck ran smooth as glass.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Cooper Discoverer HT3s on my F350 for almost 2 years now with zero complaints. Went to the Coopers from Michelins.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
Cooper has a good reputation, they are popular with local loggers who are VERY hard on tires. Make sure they are load range E for your application.

Thanks for your recommendations.

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
If you belong to FMCA, they just signed an agreement that may save some money. Good luck!
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cooper has a good reputation, they are popular with local loggers who are VERY hard on tires. Make sure they are load range E for your application.