cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cryptic message from Mexico

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of folks here have some parts, probably LED's, battery chargers or some such coming from Mexico, via San Diego. If you are one of those folks, send Mex an email for more details. It seems there was some kind of accident down in San Diego with a red light being run and Mex being the recipient of the impact.

He is OK, a bit banged up, concussion, lacerations and a dislocated shoulder. Your parts will be arriving late piano and track.
23 REPLIES 23

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
Bad news indeed.

Wish I were not lacking for work and had the funds to be able to help in some way.

I am in San Diego, proudly not a Native, but do notice the drivers here, when it rains, are some off the most moronic inattentive nimrods who ever got behind the wheel.

They actually speed up and follow closer when it rains, as if the rain ensures they will get stuck in traffic, and need to get where they are going even faster, before they get stuck in traffic.

Nevermind the fact that nearly every single female has one hand on the wheel and one hand holding their phone, with the latter obviously being more important to them. The males are not much better, especially the young ones.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hoping all OK for Mr Mex...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best wishes to Mex.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I think David did say he got T-boned, and that the other party blew a red light and hit him during light rain.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
****, as if he needed more problems.
I was hoping the Wizard of Mexico Park might be rejoining us at some point.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It must happened on the way out of town? I sent him an email last night, not knowing when he'd have an email connection again, asking if he'd made it back home yet and that I assumed he didn't have any breakdowns this trip..........

Hope it wasn't too bad.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
He came to San Diego and got smacked? Ironic, he was safer in Mexico! Concussion is a bit scary; a harder hit could have caused bleeding on the brain (what killed my mother when she got t-boned a few years back). Glad it wasn't any more serious.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

MrWizard
D*amn that's sad news, Mex being hit like that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is bad news. Mex can ill-afford more health issues. Niner, please pass along our best wishes!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."