cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dexter Torflex Axle

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to service wheel bearings and brakes and was wondering if the Dexter Torflex axle can be driven onto leveling blocks in order to raise one wheel off the ground for servicing. Prefer to not raise both wheels at the same time.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU
4 REPLIES 4

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I raise my Torflex axles by jacking under the frame and I use jack stands or blocking. IMO, it's safer to raise the frame than supporting one axle on a set of leveling blocks.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
Jack it up from the frame as recommended by the manufacturer. Your owners manual should state where to jack it up from.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
4aSong wrote:
Would like to service wheel bearings and brakes and was wondering if the Dexter Torflex axle can be driven onto leveling blocks in order to raise one wheel off the ground for servicing. Prefer to not raise both wheels at the same time.

I would not recommend it since that is needlessly overstressing the non raised wheel. These TorFlex axles even have the warning to not tow in a significantly non level attitude due to that putting more stress on the axle on the low side of the trailer. IMO it is much better to use the frame to raise the wheels for servicing. Will things immediately fall apart and break ... NO, but as I said in my first sentence WHY DO IT AT ALL when a better and more correct method is a viable alternative.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, that's the way I have been servicing mine ever since I bought my TT new in 2006.