cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Domestic refrigerator problem

ekirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dometic refer in my travel trailer on my farm that I use as a camp house. Just recently it has stopped working in the electric mode; works fine on propane. Any ideas as to what is going on? I have checked the fuse and itโ€™s good. Nothing obviously wrong in the outside compartment. Thanks
Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53
2 REPLIES 2

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are basically 3 possible 120 volt failure modes
ONE (And this is a 2 parter) No 120 volts to the Fridge outlet or a bad connection on the terminal board or elsewhere

Two (in power flow sequence) Bad control board

Three: Bad heat element

Now on my dometic there was a design fault...

The terminal board which distributes 120 volt both to the control board and hence to the heater and the ice maker is bottom center in the outside compartment

There is a drain tube that drains the water that drips off the fins when the frost melts that hangs directly above this board... You are SUPPOSED to extend that tube out through one of the holes in the outside vent cover. but when I got mine.. That was not done. So the water dripped, dripped, Dripped right on the 120 volt distribution board (Oh it has a fuse) I moved it out..

Well when I got the Recall I mentioned to my service consultant and the technician returning my keys said "I always put it out" (Liar he had not).

There are also fuses in the black box bottom left corner I know some of those are 12 volt Do not know if there are 120 volt there.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verify in the outside refer access that there is 120 volts. Use a known working device such as a drill.
Check 120-volt fuse on circuit board.
Check continuity on the heating element.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker