cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic frig "oops" - need help ASAP!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Checking the frig unit tonight on the ROO that is waiting for a new home, and that plastic condensation drain line has gotten dry and brittle. DH just touched it and "oops"....that's not really what he said....but does anyone know what's involved in replacing/repairing this thing??? Please tell me it's a 10 minute job and costs next to nothing. Oh, he's soooo not happy about this. Help!!!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!
11 REPLIES 11

robby_staats
Explorer
Explorer
I have a domestic refig rm 7030 and the gas will spark stay lite for about a min then cut off. it ran it. on AC for three day and now is drips the GFI please help

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you got it fixed.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
DH did get the "oops" fixed this morning. And it really did turn out to be a 10 minute job and better than cheap....FREE! He has some of whatever you might need somewhere in the garage. After reading the suggestions here and on HYX last night, he got going first thing, found some vinyl hose, threaded it into the remaining piece and used some kind of adhesive to secure/seal it, then found a slightly larger piece that would let him put the cap-thingy on and sealed the whole thing. There is not much that he can't fix and FREE is excellent! Thanks all for your help.

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Also - when I added a fan to the cooling fins of my Dometic the frost that generated the moisture seemed to go away - not a long term fix to your issue but would mitigate any issues until you get it resolved.
Kevin

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
PPL has a catalog with a lot of RV parts in it. I checked, the cup is $14, and the slobber tube and the drain plug (to keep insects from wandering in) is similar.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the speedy responses. He has a Plan and also a Plan B. One small issue we hadn't considered until DH started trying to reach this area is that he has big hands.....in a very tight area. So.....he says this should be an easy fix and since my hands are considerably smaller, he can just tell me what to do and I can do it. Huh??? So this should be interesting. Let us hope that after 49 3/4 years together, this little project doesn't undo the whole thing

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Phew! I read the Subject Line and was expecting the WORST! The drain can be easily replaced or spliced. I suggest, though, that you install another "knobbie" on the end. What it does is let water out while discouraging bugs from coming IN and causing the drain to clog.

WORST? Oh, let's say you left it parked WAY off level for a couple months and didn't realize you'd left the Fridge on. Or left it OFF for a couple months and forgot to take the food out...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You do have to pull the refer to replace. Do not replace with the same Dometic material. Get a Vinyl or rubber hose to install so you never have to worry about it again. Doug

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Smaller size clear tubing shoved inside the old line.you can usually shove it up about a foot or so.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Moved from Forum Technical Support

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
When that happened to me I took a piece of the old white tube down to the local hardware store. They found a brass union that would fit remaining tubing on the back of the frig and clear tubing.

Take the access panel off, put the union on the remaining white tube, put some clear tubing on the other end and thread through the access panel as you're reattaching it. Mine has been like that for about 5 yrs.

If you decide to replace the entire tube, it starts right behind the drain tray in the frig. Be sure it has a chance to cool off.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch