cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic NDR1292 Frig Temperature

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
A year ago I replaced the board in my NDR 1292 with a Dinosaur brand because the frig would not operate when outside temp dropped below about 40 dgs. All has been well. Now in Arizona (where the last 2 days have been 97 and 96) the frig is "heating up" on "AC" and tonite is at about 55 dgs. The freezer seems OK so far. I just switched over to Gas to see if it helps (?!).
I will troubleshoot first thing in morning if still bad later tonite.
Does anyone have any suggestions? We are heading out Thurs morning for a service appt and then "on the road" so will try anything...

Hank
2005 Mandalay 40B DP
2012 Honda CRV
Dometic NDR 1292 built in 2004
On my 3rd Cooling Unit (!!) mostly under warranty...
2 REPLIES 2

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. The frig is not in a slide. I had not thought about the cooling fan(s), Switching from electric to gas seemed to work at first but during the heat of today the frig started getting warmer again. We shall see what happens when we relocate to a cooler area.

Hank
2005 Mandalay DP

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Changing the Control board will NOT cause a refer to operate colder
2. The reason is simple---the control board responds to the thermistor and depending on the thermistor will turn the refer on and off
3. I would verify the rear cooling fans are operating. That is a symptom of your problem.
4. Is this refer in a slide room? Doug