cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic power awning slightly off center when closed

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed my awning arms slightly off centered at the up 1/3 of the arms when closed. Almost like the awning has been racked back. This is an after market Domestic power awning. Is there a way to adjust the awning so it will close with arms flush? Or is this a shop trip fix
14 REPLIES 14

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
NinerBikes wrote:
Uwharrie wrote:
Changed title to Dometic so Ed Gee will not get his panties in a wad! ๐Ÿ™‚

Unless you enjoy appearing retarded and having low standards in mentioning brand names... your choice, may as well learn how to spell it right from the beginning.

Hard to take someone serious when they won't even take the time to spell the name correctly, kind of like how you'd feel if everyone pronounced and spelled you name wrong, you'd wonder why they don't care enough to get it right.

Well now, let's dissect YOUR response here.
You wrote "pronounced and spelled YOU name wrong" rather than the correct spelling, YOUR name. Step down from that pedistal and realize that everyone, you (intentional jab) self and my self included, can make mistakes. And by the way, the Autocorrect on my iPad changes the word Dometic to domestic.
Give us all a break, here.
And thank you for reminding me why I have not bothered with this forum as much lately as I have in the past.

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
The product is NOT "Domestic" -- it's " Dometic ". It's amazing how many here don't seem to recognize that.

And it's amazing how many spelling cops there are here.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Uwharrie wrote:
Well since my name is spelled and mispronounced at least 90% of the time I don't really see your point. Funny thing even though I did misspell the awning name, ( I actually thought it was Domestic not Dometic) most still knew what I was asking.

Oh and thanks so much for offering information on how FIX my problem. Oh wait.you though a spelling lesson was more important. ๐Ÿ™‚
NinerBikes wrote:
Uwharrie wrote:

Unless you enjoy appearing retarded and having low standards in mentioning brand names... your choice, may as well learn how to spell it right from the beginning.

Hard to take someone serious when they won't even take the time to spell the name correctly, kind of like how you'd feel if everyone pronounced and spelled you name wrong, you'd wonder why they don't care enough to get it right.

Take it in to an RV center and pay a professional to resolve your problem. All the information you need, right there.

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
Uwharrie wrote:
OK tried to get the fabric to move and it would no budge! Any suggestions to get it to break free in the grove?

Old-Biscuit wrote:
Fully OPEN awning.

Now measure distance from edge of fabric material to end of roller......show be same distance on each end.

If not......go to end that has largest distance
Grab hold of fabric
Push roller while pulling fabric to shift it in roller grove until both sides are same distance. (Then you can install a self-tapping SHORT screw in grove right next to edge of fabric on both ends to stop fabric from shifting)

My awning had a couple of screws holding the fabric in place in the groove.
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Never fails, there are wannabee mods giving spelling and pronunciation lessons on every forum !
Yep, like spelling and pronunciation fixes the problem.
I wasn't there when the idiots spelled "enough" instead of "enuff", or it never would have happened, trust me !!

But "thru" it all, I've seen enuff !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
OK tried to get the fabric to move and it would no budge! Any suggestions to get it to break free in the grove?

Old-Biscuit wrote:
Fully OPEN awning.

Now measure distance from edge of fabric material to end of roller......show be same distance on each end.

Grab hold of fabric
Push roller while pulling fabric to shift it in roller grove until both sides are same distance. (Then you can install a self-tapping SHORT screw in grove right next to edge of fabric on both ends to stop fabric from shifting)

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
Well since my name is spelled and mispronounced at least 90% of the time I don't really see your point. Funny thing even though I did misspell the awning name, ( I actually thought it was Domestic not Dometic) most still knew what I was asking.

Oh and thanks so much for offering information on how FIX my problem. Oh wait.you though a spelling lesson was more important. ๐Ÿ™‚
NinerBikes wrote:
Uwharrie wrote:

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
Uwharrie wrote:

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
The product is NOT "Domestic" -- it's " Dometic ". It's amazing how many here don't seem to recognize that.

Gee, that was helpful.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks old Biscuit

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fully OPEN awning.

Grab hold of fabric
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
You need to just realign the fabric