cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dometic RM1350 Refrigerator's freezer developes heavy frost

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Well I did something I swore I'd never do,,, own a fiver' without a residential fridge! but I couldn't turn down this deal so with that said I now have a dometic RM1350 who's Refrigerator's freezer develops heavy frost,,, other than that it works very well! I checked the seal around the doors and all looks good, checked the drip tray and all was clear,, I'm at a loss to how to eliminate the freezer frosting up on the rear wall,, any thoughts and thanks in advance!!!

Red Green: If life gives you lemons, throw 'em
into a quart of vodka.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ernie1 wrote:
I tried the fans in the freezer coils and it didn't work but it did work on the refrigerator fins.

I just mentioned apologies in another thread. AND sure enough I need to type one.

On my last post I was thinking of the frost on the Refergerator compartment where you store the Milk and butter. not the freezer where you store the ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ (Well where I store..).

However the part about needing to Defrost.. Well that still applies It has to be done because there is no defrost heater in an RV fridge.

They are a waste of energy and you have not the power to spare.

That said there is a switch you might need to flip it is above the freezer door under the eyebrow.. On mine it causes problems.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have bad door seals, the frost will have a finger from the door to the rear. Since the frost is on the back wall, you have a NORMAL "problem". The cause is the humidity in your location. Also how often you open and close the freezer door's. The only remedy is to defrost when the frost builds up. Remember, Frost/ice is a great insulator and diminishes the transfer of heat and cold. When you have ice build up on the lower section on the Evap fins, THAT diminishes the cooling capacity of the lower section, hence you need to defrost THAT section when ice builds up also. Doug

PS how long does the frost take?

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't read all replies but I would say bad seal o. Freezer door, my small freezer in tc is a domestic and has same problem.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the fans in the freezer coils and it didn't work but it did work on the refrigerator fins.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How old are you???? I"m pushing 70.. I remember Residential fridges that had to be defrosted often... Then they came out with "Frost Free".. how do they do Frost Free? Well after the compressor shuts off a heater comes on that's how. Yup. had the heater fail on one mell of a hess as they say.

The RV fridge does not have a "Defroster" built in

Now there is a way to improve it.

This is one way

Not sure this is the correct model. The one they sent me is a 3 fan for my dometic. I really need a 4 fan (I'll add the 4th some day)

Makes a big difference .. Not 100% but man is it better.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times