cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic rm2652 igniter

tzclark
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fridge that's acting up. We are heading out this weekend an my igniter kicked the bucket. I get 12v to the igniter but I don't hear it trying to spark. I'll test the electrode but I am fairly certain it is the igniter.
I plan on calling around tomorrow, to see if I can find the part but assuming I can't get it is it safe to manually light it? I already successfully have but it's just in my driveway.

Zach
I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks, then in the drink with a boat on the rocks!
3 REPLIES 3

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous trailer the electrodes lasted about two years. Then they wouldn't spark on cool damp mornings. I finally got to the point of carrying a spare.

Since many people don't have that much trouble with them I always wondered why mine needed so much attention. One theory I had was something about the installation caused numerous restrikes when moving-due to airflow and wind.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Those igniters are very reliable- try pulling the spark lead off the igniter and hold it about a 1/4 inch from the terminal (carefully, with insulated pliers), you can also just pull the lead and listen for it snap. If it sparks then the spark probe is shorted (very common). Remove the spark probe, lightly sand the metal tip, wipe the ceramic down with silicone spray lube and reinstall at the correct gap. Dollars to donuts that will fix it.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The spark electrode ignites main flame......when fridge temp is reached main flame goes off. Then when fridge temp drops spark electrode reignites main flame again.

Are you going to stand around check fridge temps and relighting main flame as needed ?

Spark gap shuld be 3/16" between tip of electrode and burner

dometic fridge spark electrode #2932781012......LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31