cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric hyd pump for slide out

taylorga
Explorer
Explorer
I am having a problem with the electric pump shutting off during operation of the slide. When i push the switch the pump starts and everything works; then shuts off during the slide out motion. Then in a few seconds I can push the button and everything works as expected. There is plenty of oil in the hydraulic system. Any suggestions.
6 REPLIES 6

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I had about the same as you describe, only mine just wouldn't run at all sometimes. It was definently a bad connection somewhere.I got real tired of looking for it. Then someone here told me that my system activates the ground on the solenoid, not the hot side. So I installed a push button switch on the dash that's labeled "manual override". All it does is ground the solenoid on the pump motor. I have had to use it many times, and it has never failed to operate.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

diveman52
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Found that the motor was taking a dump. It has an internal thermal overload which opens when it get to hot, after a while it will close as things cool down and work for a while.
I replaced the motor (power gear unit) but it's not a power gear motor it's a Mercury Marine power tilt motor. Power gear price around $250.
Found one new for $61.62

Here's the numbers:
10822MN New Mercury Marine Mercruiser Tilt Trim Motor $61.62
Found on amazon from Discount Starter an Alternators
40+ Years in Electrical construction.
Retired IBEW Local 595
Every Days Saturday
2008 Newmar Dutch Star 4035

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe low batteries or bad batteries.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

sclark
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned above it may be a self resetting breaker. Here is a link to what they look like. I would guess it is most likely 40 or 50 amps. Should be located near the hyd pump and battery. Good luck.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Cummins Aisin transmission
2014 KZ 358BHK
Honda eu3000is Generator

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Check to see if the battery feed power is on a 12 volt Auto reset Circuit Breaker. The breaker may be weak or the pump is pulling excess amps and that is the reason for the Start and Stop. Doug

Also with cold weather operation the Hydraulic fluid is much thicker therefore requiring the pump to work harder pulling more amps possible tripping out the Circuit Breaker...
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Check to see if the battery feed power is on a 12 volt Auto reset Circuit Breaker. The breaker may be weak or the pump is pulling excess amps and that is the reason for the Start and Stop. Doug