Explorer
Some things you should not do!

Don't do these things!
Lou
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's anything but imaginary. Getting hit with 480 or 600 feels like someone bapped me on the crown of my head with a Louisville slugger.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never was a fan of imaginary friends or numbers. At least being a mechanical engineer you could see what's about to hit you ๐Ÿ™‚

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Electroboom is pretty funny. I like how he lures me in, and then, . . . . . (I never know when) ZONK, he gets zapped. What was even better, on some of his earlier videos, he got zapped, then, . . . there was a secondary zap/explosion he wasn't expecting that fried something else, usually something expensive. Priceless. But hey, with +-2,400,000 YouTube subscribers, now he can afford to buy a much better, new one! Good luck to Electroboom.

Chum lee

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A shocking disclosure. I became an EE when I found it was was a hotbed of blundering in the interface between small-time engineers and the public -- especially DC systems and batteries.

Getting zapped is part of the learning curve.

"Whatzuh tank circuit?"

"Quick! Grab my hand! Pull my finger!"

A primary filter would be young boys who dare each other to pee on an electric fence. My moniker was "You chicken!"

"Jump up then touch the lawn mower spark plug. You'll be insulated"

Most mechanical professions have kibitzers surrounding them -- not EE's.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
45 years ago I got my BSEE and became an electrical engineer. And I am still wondering why I chose it. I never liked electricity. :h But it was a good career. :C

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
He is funny as hell and helped convince my son to become an electrical engineer.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO