pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
pulsar wrote:
YC 1 wrote:
If you are on 50 amp or generator it probably will not show amp usage

Is this generally true?

On all three of the 50-amp coaches we have owned, the ems gave the amp draw on both lines when hooked to 50-amp shore line or running the generator.

I don't think it is important on 50-amp shore line, but since our 8000 watt generator has doesn't provide as much power as the shore line, it would seem to be important for the ems to indicate current use, while the generator is running.

As far as the original posters concern, more information is needed.

Tom

Yes, it is true. On TRUE 50 amp service(100 amps total) there is no need to display amp draw on the panel. On GENSET, you will have amp draw listed as the Genset cannot supply the full 100 amps required. Only 10k and 12.5 k gensets can and IF you have a 10k or 12.5k genset the amp draw meter will then be blank. IF you plug into 50 amp service, and it SHOWS 50 amp service, then the display will be blank. You can plug into cheated 50 amp service but it will show 30 amps on the display instead of 50. You 8k genset is rated about 72 to 74 amps. Doug

Are you saying that it is always true and my rig is not on true 50 amp service?

I took these pictures a few minutes ago.

Both AC were running, when the pictures were taken.

I only have 3 data points, but as I stated in my original post, on all three of my coaches with 50 amp service, the ems displays the amp draw. Perhaps it is because the same screen shows the line voltage.

BTW, a 10Kw generators can't provide 100 amp service, they are rated at 83.3 amps.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
pulsar wrote:
YC 1 wrote:

Is this generally true?

On all three of the 50-amp coaches we have owned, the ems gave the amp draw on both lines when hooked to 50-amp shore line or running the generator.

I don't think it is important on 50-amp shore line, but since our 8000 watt generator has doesn't provide as much power as the shore line, it would seem to be important for the ems to indicate current use, while the generator is running.

Tom

Yes, it is true. On TRUE 50 amp service(100 amps total) there is no need to display amp draw on the panel. On GENSET, you will have amp draw listed as the Genset cannot supply the full 100 amps required. Only 10k and 12.5 k gensets can and IF you have a 10k or 12.5k genset the amp draw meter will then be blank. IF you plug into 50 amp service, and it SHOWS 50 amp service, then the display will be blank. You can plug into cheated 50 amp service but it will show 30 amps on the display instead of 50. You 8k genset is rated about 72 to 74 amps. Doug

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I aint never heard of ems other than ems some nice hooters
Dennis Hoppert

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:

Is this generally true?

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
More information needed for response. Start with...hmmmmm.."hello everyone," "I'm such and such," year, make, model of RV etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad