cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eternabond over uncured Dicor lap sealant

pickjare
Explorer
Explorer
I put Dicor self leveling sealant over the rear roof joint and all screw heads that runs across back of my Nash 22H trailer. It cured for about 2 1/2 hours or so while I worked elsewhere. I couldn't leave well enough alone, was real worried about weather I had fixed the roof leak, and next thing I knew I was pressing eternabond tape across the seam and that lap sealant had only skinned over. It was very gushy.
I know I have done this procedure incorrectly. My question is, what will happen? HAS anyone ever done this and will ithe Dicor set up so it can do its job if water happens to get past eternabond tape some day? FAQ on Dicor website says waterproof in 4 hours but takes days to fully cure at 70 degrees. No question it was uncured as I covered it with eternabond. I appreciate your advice.
17 REPLIES 17

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess the Dicor will set at the edges of the eternabond tape, and a small distance under it (1/4 to 1/2 inch I would guess). I assume the eternabond tape would prevent it from curing just like the container it is shipped in. Given enough time (weeks / months) in warm temps it is likely to cure through. Just remember, the eternabond tape isn't attached to anything, just goo at this point. If you can't clean it all off and start over, another top coat of Dicor will at least seal it, if not make the mess larger later.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I would remove the Eternabond and the Dicor (as much as possible), clean the area well and apply New Eternabond.

I definitely would not trust it the way you have it applied.

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe you will discover a sticky mess that is not adhered to anything.