cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fireplace-How to Remove?

bobgay
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2014 Keystone Alpine, and would like to remove the fireplace so I can access some wiring behind it. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it out. I don't have an operating manual for the fireplace, and I cannot even find the manufacturer's name on the unit. Keystone says they can't tell me who the manufacturer is.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bob
Bob and Jan Gay
2014 Keystone Alpine
5 REPLIES 5

bobgay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help Second Chance and Hondavalk. I just found that mine were held on with velcro. Problem solved.
Bob
Bob and Jan Gay
2014 Keystone Alpine

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my Thermoheat fireplace the trim panel is held in place with magnets. Just had to give mine a good pull. As far as the make I would assume inside one of your cupboard doors is a build sheet that will list all the brands and model numbers of the installed devices.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
On many of the new ones, you lift up on the trim and it comes off. This will expose the mounting screws for the fireplace behind.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

bobgay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response, Sidwells. Mine is surrounded on all 4 sides by an imitation brick panel. No screws are visible. I guess this panel must lift off somehow, but I can't see how to do it.
Bob
Bob and Jan Gay
2014 Keystone Alpine

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
For our Fuzion all we need to do is remove the front face plate that borders both sides and the top. Its just a decorative trim work. You should be able to lift it off and expose the 4 screws.

Hope this helps...
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....