cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time with an inverter

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Our Roadtrek has an inverter for the TV & DVD player. There is a switch to turn the inverter on and off, and the TV & DVD don't work unless the switch is on. So, even if we're on shore power we have to turn on the inverter to watch a movie. Problem is we forget to turn it off when we go to bed and it runs all night... The owner's manual says to be sure to turn it off when not using.

Is there a way to switch to shore power when we're hooked up or maybe get a lighted switch for the inverter so we are reminded that it is on?

How does the average inverter user handle this?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
15 REPLIES 15

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is the same way. I did it because it is the simplest way so you don't need any transfer switches. If you on shore power, no need to turn it off. If you dry camping, it no biggee if you leave it on, just uses maybe a 1/2 amp of battery power.
And yes, I do have a lighted switch for the inverter, and still forget to turn it off now and then,....its no bigee
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.