Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flat Sheet Panel Material For Meters

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a PM about what I use

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232176370930?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=531384982329&ssPageName=STRK%3...

I chose the 3mm thick reinforced fiberglass sheet. It is black, good looking, very strong and easy to work with. I soften sharp corners. Way stronger than plastic.

A small flat file is useful for making square holes and a rat tail file can enlarge a 3/8" drill hole to 15/16" for toggle switches.

A friend with a table saw can cut the 8-1/2" x 11" sheets so as to make a cupola or three side box with front drop for screws or adhesives.

Superglue seems to work excellently bonding sheet to sheet. Goop for adhering to metal - or perhaps pop rivets with pop rivet washers.

Auto Stereo equipment suppliers such as PARTS EXPRESS sell very inexpensive decorative fasteners and bezels, if that's what you wish.
2 REPLIES 2

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Superglue--cyanoacrylate may not last. It's known to fail after some time.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Another option is using printed circuit board for a front panel. Some machine in Seattle will silk screen your design on a nice piece of reinforced fiberglass. They'll drill the holes with robotic precision. You have several layers to draw in, top and bottom copper pour for shielding or heatsink too if desired.

Oshpark.com
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed