cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flood

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new SnowRiver Trailer (Northwood). I am not sure if every model of this brand uses the same kitchen hardware, but I suspect this may apply to a lot of brands. In the effort to be stylish, rather than practical, they have used an inappropriate faucet set for an RV. The kitchen tap set consists of a high center faucet that swings from side to side, and will (unfortunately) swing out behind the sink as well. The taps on this set are feather light. I always turn off my pump in transit, but the other day I stopped of an enroute pee break and forgot. I went over some rough roads, the faucet swings out over the kitchen counter and the tap opened up by itself. Whatever was in my fresh water tank ended up in the trailer. Fortunately I was in Arizona where the humidiy is low and the temperature high, so everything dried rapidly. However lots of water ended up under the floor and I had to cut open the underside and pull out most of the insulation which was soaked. Some of it is around the holding tanks so it will have to go into a dealer to get those pulled so it can dry. Fortunately I am only a few days from going home. If you have a similar faucet set, I strongly suggest you change it out. It only takes one mistake. I might add the taps on other fixtures have also opened by themselves, but they do not rotate. I do not travel sink stoppers in, so no harm done with those (as long as the grey tank is empty. I intend to install a non locking push button near the toilet to operate the pump while stopping on route, so I don't have to turn on the master switch.
2 REPLIES 2

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Just don't use the word 'flood' with an insurance claim.
It is water damage from equipment failure ๐Ÿ˜‰

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds like a design defect. I have a gooseneck faucet too (new fixture in my old RV) and it will swing over the counter. But the taps could never come on by themselves. I would complain to the manufacturer and/or replace that fixture.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)