Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River Electric Water Heater Issue

Nathanbates114
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,
My wife and I just purchased our first travel trailer and we are in love! We bought a used 2019 Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite and we love everything about it. The only issue we are having is with the electric water heater. The gas water heater works great but when we are plugged in to power, our electric water heater doesn't seem to work. The blue light switch inside the travel trailer comes on but we're not getting any hot water, even after leaving it on overnight. We got a great deal on it so I'm not that upset. I'm hoping it's just a simple fix? Maybe a fuse needs to be replaced? Are we doing something wrong? It's a suburban water heater and the person we bought it from only used the TT 4 times. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Nate
8 REPLIES 8

Brandon_the_Tra
Explorer
Explorer
Having the two switches for electric operation has been how Rockwood has done it since about forever.
I went.

Nathanbates114
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the quick replies! We didn't know about the outside switch on the water heater so hopefully that's all it is! ??

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
If the element ohms open, use this one...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006JLVC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
It will be 1125W on 120ac and it will be super low watt density. I just put one in my Dometic and it works fine. The oem element was 1440 w but I don't care about taking a little longer to heat the water. It gives my DW a few more amps for her hair implements! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Look at this picture for location of outside switch

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Even our new-to-us 2019 Momentum still has the manual switch out in water heater enclosure. All electronic stuff everywhere, but some still manual also.

You can pick up a new heating element at a hardware store, usually 1500 watts. Cheaper than at a camping supply store.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Check the electric element, if ever turned on without water it will be burnt out. Easy to replace
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, what jdc1 said.. That's how mine is too.
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look in the cabinet where the water heater is located. There might be a second switch there (mine has one). You need a bright light ....small black switch.