cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fresh water back flow

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
My fresh water tank is constantly filling. I think it is a problem with the back flow valve probably due to an accidental switching on of the pump. I have shut off shore water and tried to cycle pump as this worked before. The pump seems to be not working. Before I access the water pump (which is underneath the trailer and above a screw on panel) can someone tell me if there is likely to be a fuse at the pump? And also where is the back flow valve? Is it part of the water pump? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
First I do have an outlet to fill the freshwater outside the trailer. The water is overflowing and dripping out this outlet unless I open the drain.If the back flow valve is in the pump I will probably replace the pump. (the trailer is over 10 years old). Any suggestions on pumps? Will use the pump infrequently. I will be putting this trailer on my seasonal site this fall for good replacing my 25 year old Holiday Rambler(gotta love the HRs). I will use the pump when the park shuts off water for the winter for a couple of weeks.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is your rig setup with a fill valve to put water into the fresh water tank?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Since the pump is not pumping water AND is feeding back into the FW tank it may be the diaphragm itself is damaged. If you're handy it may be possible to repair the pump but it's not a HUGE expense to replace the pump with a new one.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming it is a Shurflo pump, the check valve is inside the pump. The check valve is comprised of a number of rubber flapper valves. Sometimes, sand or grit causes these check valves to leak. Disassemble the pump and inspect for grit before you give up on the pump.