cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water hose storage

maitaimike
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to the RV experience and bought a small 18 ft travel trailer. Storage is at a premium. While looking for someplace or somehow to store my fresh water hose I came up with this idea. I have a rear bumper with my spare tire mounted on a bracket on it . My hose connection is near this bracket . I decided to use the existing spare tire bracket as my hose storage and support . I have a 25 foot hose that fits easily but I bet I could go longer. This also supports hose so I don't strain the hose fill connection . I plan on getting a spare tire cover that will also cover the hose. Of course I would secure hose while traveling . I would add images if I wasn't computer challenged . Seems like this fulfills my KISS methodology.
6 REPLIES 6

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Without a visual it is hard to discern exactly what you have done here. Are you suggesting that you have removed your spare tire and placed your hose there instead? Or, are the two somehow both mounted on the same vertical bracket?

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I've made hose reels using #9 wire. I have a spot welder, but I would a guy could use soldier.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
If it works, go for it. We use several milk-crates (the kind you buy at Menards...not the stolen ones from Prairie Farms!) for hoses, cords, camping stuff. Seriously, we have 6 or so in our motorhome...which has a bit more storage. Love those milk-crates.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I keep the FW hose in the back of my Suburban.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Provided your bumper is rated to carry the extra weight, sounds ok.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buy a collapsible hose. You could put that in your glove box.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman