cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

furnace removeal

rayroof10
Explorer
Explorer
l found the leak and got over 3/4 of the floor removed, only thing now is removing the furnace, it is a Atwood 8500 l have got it loose from the inside and can move it from side to side. is there something holding it from the outside, seem like it sould just slide out. it is a 06 trail sport 21 ft
7 REPLIES 7

rayroof10
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, with the help you all gave me l got tne furnace out. so thanks again you all have been a big help with the floor removel and repair of my camper.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF you have the model that has the 4 inch exterior, you need to twist the center exhaust pipe back and forth to release it. There is NO other attachment on the outside holding the furnace inside. NOW, some OEM's will use screws on the inside furnace angle bracket/s that mount to both the floor and outside wall. When you get the outside vent pulled loose and the furnace still does not pull inward, then they have used one or more of those mount brackets. Doug

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Those are very rare, but pretty much every exterior vent is a slip fit affair- on normal 8500's, the exhaust slips inside the chamber outlet- not sure how the intake works on the no door version. If it's never been out it is likely rusted pretty solid. Normally the exhaust is removed first, while the unit is still solidly mounted.
-- Chris Bryant

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Can you remove the exterior trim to get access to the vent pipe?
Might take two people to move and observe the issue from opposite sides.

rayroof10
Explorer
Explorer
mine is on the inside the only thing on the outside is a 4 inch round hole for the vent to come out. it has something to do with the vent coming outside l can move the furnace from side to side but something is holding the vent.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, you REMOVE IT FROM THE OUTSIDE, NOT the inside:B. Doug

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Exterior vents, interior ducting, wire harness, gas line is all I know.
And yes I have had mine out several times with no issues but it is a different brand.