cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

furnace

Wilson123
Explorer
Explorer
I filled my propane tanks yesterday and this morning when I turned on the furnace it runs for awhile and shuts off. I can use my stove and water heater. I turn the circuit breaker off and back on and the furnace runs for a few minutes and shuts back off. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Recently after 7 years of flawless, reliable operation my Suburban 35K BTU furnace just quit. The fuse was fine, I had plenty of LP and DC, no loose wires, even hit the on-off switch a couple of times hoping for a reset miracle... yeah right.

Having done all I could do I took it into the RV dealership and their tech quickly diagnosed the problem as a bad control board. An hour of labor - $149, and a new board - $118.99 {+ shop materials and tax} and I was out the door for less than $300.

It was nothing I could have diagnosed much less repaired. The tech said boards tend to fail after 5 -6 years so figured I got my monies worth out of the original. Good luck!

:C

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try turning the furnace off and on at the thermostat a few times. If it is the gas lines needing to be purged, that should take care of the problem. Try using the trouble shooting guide from this site:
http://docs.renegaderv.com/Suburban/Furnaces/FURNACE_Service%20and%20Training%20Manual%2011-05-2015.pdf
Use the flowchart to diagnose your problem. When you start the furnace, look through the sightglass into the flame chamber and watch what happens. If the pilot ignites the gas, it stays on for a few seconds, goes off, relights, stays on and then goes out. Chances are the circuit board may need to be replaced. My brand new furnace did this, a new board installed under warranty cured the problem.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try starting a few more times as the lines need to be cleared of air.
You say circuit breaker, but furnace is 12 volts DC and normally protected by a fuse.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker