cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FW front closet sliding doors won't stay on the track

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Keystone Alpine Front bedroom, with bath as the most forward room. there are two mirror front sliding doors that cover the whole front wall/closet . they have adjustable (up/down) rollers at the top of the door, and plastic guides that snap into a floor track at the bottom of the door.

everytime we go any distance, the doors will be off the tracks when we get there.

I have adjusted them up to have less space to jump out of the track at the top, but the bottom almost doesn't reach.. and adjusted them down to keep the bottom guides in, but the tops pop out pretty easily then.

this upcoming trip I am thinking of using so straps to keep the doors open. course any flying clothes will be all over the basthroom floor then too.

Montana 3910 FB is a similar model .

anybody got any guidance here that can help me? little over a week to go before we leave on next trip.
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB
3 REPLIES 3

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Take a couple of sponges and cut them to fit the space at the top. The more sponge material you can jam in there the better.
I like the shim idea at the bottom.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Take the bottom track off, and add a 1/4 inch shim under it. That should allow you to readjust the upper wheels. As an alternative it might be easier to hide shimming the top track.

cool.. hadn't thought of that.
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the bottom track off, and add a 1/4 inch shim under it. That should allow you to readjust the upper wheels. As an alternative it might be easier to hide shimming the top track.