cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting music in new car no cd

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Where do I get the music from if no CD player in new car.

Once i get music play tunes in what? Then how does music comes out of car speakers?

(Shame I have to retire my 8 track)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
21 REPLIES 21

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
The easiest way is to move all your CDs to a USB drive using a built-in media program or something like Nero. The new radio should allow you to play random tracks from your entire collection. Sony's random number generator seems to favor Barbra Streisand.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
Where do I get the music from if no CD player in new car.

IF.....you already have a large collection of CD's, the best option might be to "upgrade" the in-dash radio head to one that DOES have a CD player.

BUT....do a really good inspection and if this really is a "new" car, ask the dealer first. A couple of my recent new cars did have a single CD player built-in but it was really not obvious unless you looked real close.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
No CD? I know we have progressed over the years but did not think we had reached the point of no CD's. My 2018 Chevy 2500 has a CD and numerous USB ports. All my CD's are on it.

year and model of your new vehicle please?

Never mind. Saw your second post.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many options. In another forum I think you ask if there was a plug in CD player (yes but I do not know if they will work with your system) (There may be an alternative way to make some of 'em work with your system I just thought of.. If the radio also has an AUX in some of the USB players have line out).

Rip the CD to a Memory Stick as MP3
Rip it to your phone as MP3
Plug the Device in via USB and it should play.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
wildtoad wrote:
Get an iPhone and load all your music on it. Connect your iPhone to the cars audio and listen to the music, make calls, get directions all hands free.

Now explain to an 8 track person how to do all that!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get an iPhone and load all your music on it. Connect your iPhone to the cars audio and listen to the music, make calls, get directions all hands free.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Figured you were from the 8 track era. Me too, but Iโ€™ve moved on, ditching it and my Kiss Alive tape.

You have a choice with new cars. Most Iโ€™ve seen have a USB port. You can purchase a tiny USB key that will hold every single cd youโ€™ve ever owned.

You can also stream audio from your phone. The vehicle will undoubtedly have blue tooth that you can use to โ€œattachโ€ your phone with.