Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good deal on Champion 3400 inverter

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully this is allowed.
Walmart is running a super deal, champion 3400 inverter generator with remote electric start for $799. Free shipping!
Mine will be here Wednesday. Word has it they are trying to compete with Amazon prime day.

Champion 3400 clicky
7 REPLIES 7

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, they are back up to $999 now, sale is over.

Mine came Fedex today.
Unboxed, added oil, hooked up the included battery, filled gas, and it fired up instantly with the push of a button.
Runs smoothly and quiet. I am doing the 5 hour break in, varying loads with a halogen work light and an electric heater. Got about 3 hours into the break in so far today.
Should finish the break in tomorrow and then test it on my 13.5k ac unit.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip, I ordered one yesterday at $799 and this morning the price is back up to $999. Who doesn't like saving $200?

Thanks again for sharing, I was considering the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 because of price but really wanted the Champion 3400. Now I'll have the champion at only a little more than the Predator price.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Explorer II
Explorer II
$50 cheaper than what I paid for mine 3 months ago.

What I have learned from mine is the integrated charging system that charges the internal battery is weak, maybe 15W. We do short runs to run the AC during roadside stops and it wouldn't sufficiently recharge the battery. Each time I started it the battery was weaker than the previous start. After 4 days the battery measured 11.8V. I doubt the battery would last a 2 week trip without a long run to recharge the battery, or connect a better charger.

Other than that, I'm quite pleased with it.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's a smoking deal
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a great deal as I also have the earlier 3100 watt remote start version, when we purchased our Champion a few years ago the 3400 watt version was not available. Would certainly purchase again since they are well made and they have great customer service, have had zero issues with our 4 year old unit but did need to call them for a high elevation jet. They just sent out a whole new carb with the high elevation jet installed. We also have an Onan onboard, with the convenience of the remote start feature on the Champion our Onan has hardly been used except for exercising.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I paid two years ago for the 3100W RV Ready with the remote start. It's a heavy unit but works fantastic and really not much louder than the Honda or Yamaha inverter generators and much less expensive. You've made a good choice!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
those are nice generators you'll really like the remote start. we have the 3500 wt. you got a good buy ours was a hundred more.I wanted to be able to run my AC but still had to install a soft start kit.
Jay D.