Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Stuff on Sale at Harbor Fright

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I own all these items:

These are coupon prices, shown on harborfreight.com

Pancake Compressor 100-PSI $39. Best for tires up to about 60-PSI. It'll air 16" to 75-80, but agonizingly slow. Outstanding with brad nailer.

Electric (120-VAC) Impact Wrench. Amazed how well it handles Ford lug nuts at 140-ft-lb. The 7/8" socket called for is NOT one of the individual sizes HF sells individually. Got one from Amazon Prime $8. Best to use a six-point deep black impact socket directly on the wrench.

Multifunction Oscillating Power Tool $15. I was glad to get one at $39 a couple years ago, they started out at $59. Indispensable problem solver. But it's a little like an inkjet printer - a couple blades cost as much as a new tool.

1/2" HD VSR Hammer Drill $26. Mine is an orange one they dropped then came out a couple years later with this one. It's heavy but butt-kicking heavy duty. I'm talking 1/2" holes in steel, 20 passes through a brick wall with long 5/16" masonry bit.

18-gauge 2-in-1 Nailer/Stapler $16. This and the pancake compressor make you Master of Baseboards. IF, however, you do not plan to ever Staple, and I haven't yet, the anvil leaves a much larger mark on the wood surface than the one in a Nailer Only tool will do. Nailer looks like you used a Nail Punch to set the nails. This one looks like you used a small screwdriver. GET NAME BRAND FASTENERS
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB
33 REPLIES 33

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Some of it is better******than their other crap. Ya gotta be choosy. Skip their combo hand wrenches, and most of their sockets, they're 12-points and will ruin more bolts than they'll remove.

Good and bad at HF, some real "finds" and some junk too. I like their Chromoly impact sockets, 1/2" drive. I've been using them for years and at $15 for a full set, hard to beat. BTW, Craftsman has been turning out some real junk too lately.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
Three of my best HF purchases:

6' Portable scaffolding for $150 with coupon. Great for working on upper part of MH. $210 at Lowes or HD.

Oscillating, variable speed, Multi Tool for $29.

Paint gun for $9.

But...I do not make my living using any of the above tools.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
One big issue I have with HF drills is the chuck. How the heck can a weak person like me gouge out the chuck key hole with very limited use? This is the 3rd different drill. And the chuck jams so once loosened cannot be spun by hand even when 3n1 oil was used all it's life?

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
FRIGHT was not a typo on my part. A number of their products and several of their policies have disappointed me.

I'd love to have a stable of BOSCH tools. Can't justify it. Not even RIGID. I just went RYOBI 18V Lithium for 3/8" Drill, Little Circular Saw and Impact Driver. I've used the Drill and it seemed like a corded one. I'd used DeWalt's on a volunteer job and they were cordlike too. And OH do I love my new impact driver!!!

HF had a 1/2" NiCd drill on sale when I bought the RYOBI and decided I didn't feel all that lucky. Dirty Harry Moment. That drill Does Have good Ratings on the HF site, though, and probably a steal at $39 with coupon.
I didn't list the $39 1/2" because I haven't used it.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
obgraham wrote:
Executive wrote:
I buy my American Flags and dog leashes there....:W.....Dennis
Aren't those just cheap Chinese knockoff dog leashes? My wife refuses to use hers!

Two things..the $6 leashes last about a year and a half. IMHO that's pretty good considering how often we use them....and

The flags are made in China but they get the colors right and the stars in the correct positions....:B:B.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I buy GE CFL bulbs at WallMart. For folks in Mexico. I'd better go to Macy's or Abercrombie & Fitch I guess.

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I don't buy anything at HF unless I have a 20% off coupon and a coupon for something free.

Kind of like Bed Bath & Beyond.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart sells some 'good stuff' too, depending on your definition of good.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
FWIW, I use a Bosch 1/2" hammer drill. I've had it for years and it will bore 5/8" holes in old concrete to a depth of 12" or so all day long.

I also have a Bosch 1/2" hammer drill but it doesn't compare to a rotary hammer.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Rubber_Ducky1
Explorer
Explorer
If you will notice the title of this post is "Good Stuff on Sale at Harbor FRIGHT". Some of the stuff they sell is OK and some is FRIGHTening!! LOL

westend
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
I live 1 mile from Harbor Freight and over the years have seen their non sale prices skyrocket. I don't even go there unless I have a coupon for something. A good example is their Rotary Hammer which used to retail at around $85 & on sale for $50. It now retails for $200 & on sale for $90. Another example is the Metal cutting saw blade which is $20 which I used to buy for $9.

I can get grease etc. cheaper at Freightliner than HF.

Their shipping rates are darn good though.

FWIW, I use a Bosch 1/2" hammer drill. I've had it for years and it will bore 5/8" holes in old concrete to a depth of 12" or so all day long. I use Amana metal cutting circular blades. Both of these cost 5 X what the comparable HF item costs. They also last 10X as long.

For small hand tools and expendables, HF is a good source. I really like their digital calipers and small infrared heat grabber.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
I live 1 mile from Harbor Freight and over the years have seen their non sale prices skyrocket. I don't even go there unless I have a coupon for something. A good example is their Rotary Hammer which used to retail at around $85 & on sale for $50. It now retails for $200 & on sale for $90. Another example is the Metal cutting saw blade which is $20 which I used to buy for $9.

I can get grease etc. cheaper at Freightliner than HF.

Their shipping rates are darn good though.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
Wait a minute...they have good stuff on sale at harbor freight??? I thought all they sold was crap.

It is.

Yeah. it is but it's cheap !!
If it aint broke fix it till it is

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
jfkmk wrote:
Wait a minute...they have good stuff on sale at harbor freight??? I thought all they sold was crap.
Made for single use just in case stuff that you never actually use.
Just peace of mind that you have it.