cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijac Issue -- Intermittent

Old_Islander
Explorer
Explorer
We have Happijacs on our camper -- this past weekend, there were intermittent cut-outs when running the jacks up/down. This is the hand-held controller:

The yellow light would come on almost instantly (instead of green), when the coiled cable to the relay module was plugged in, and the jacks would not respond to the buttons. Then a few minutes later, the light would be green, and the jacks would work normally.

The remote has been babied and kept in a warm place in the winter, and in a zip lock bag when we're on the road.

Any advice on what to check out?

If the remote needs to be replace, does the module located inside a storage cupboard also need replacing?

Thanks for your help...!
22 REPLIES 22

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
You mentioned you may be having battery problems. Does the yellow light act the same when you are plugged in to shore power?
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Old_Islander
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I tried resetting many times, and the light instantly turned orange instead of green. When it was acting up, the green light was never on long enough to time out. Just instantly yellow upon plugging in the coiled lead from the relay module.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
The controller times out by design. Just reset it the way NEOK explained above.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
When you press the middle red and blue buttons at the same time the yellow light should go out and you should get a green light the way my control works.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Old_Islander
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
And I'm hoping a tech or somebody who has experience working on or with these will drop by and help.

In the meanwhile, what Model/Serial Number/Year is this system?

Do you have any documentation of Installation, Operation, Parts, Troubleshooting?

By the look of the pic of your controller:

1. Doesn't look like the current model on their website

2. Seems you can operate jacks individually or in pairs

So, does any particular single or pair of jacks cause the stoppage?

Raising the Camper? Lowering the Camper?

My Happijac's are Model 4150 -- they are about 11 years old.

When the problem occurs, the light on the front of the controller turns yellow immediately, when the coiled cable is plugged. No combination of jacks will work, up or down. Then when it does work, the light turns green, and any combination of jacks from the controller will work normally.

I have another post re battery problems, and I've since learned that the low battery voltage may be causing the jack problem. I usually run the jacks with the truck motor running or while on shore power, so the battery is being assisted by the charging system. There may be a problem here, too...

Thanks for your input...!

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
And I'm hoping a tech or somebody who has experience working on or with these will drop by and help.

In the meanwhile, what Model/Serial Number/Year is this system?

Do you have any documentation of Installation, Operation, Parts, Troubleshooting?

By the look of the pic of your controller:

1. Doesn't look like the current model on their website

2. Seems you can operate jacks individually or in pairs

So, does any particular single or pair of jacks cause the stoppage?

Raising the Camper? Lowering the Camper?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Themucsel
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully you didn't get the remote wet at some point. I did on my Artic Fox back in the day...ended up having to purchase a new remote.

raroberts
Explorer
Explorer
Following. I have a problem with my happijac too and Iโ€™ve looked all over for help. Even the manufacturer doesnโ€™t return email.
08 F450 4X4 Lariat
07 Stellar 37' 5W Toyhauler
95 XR600R
03 XR400
07 660 Rhino
75 Z1B